Why become a member? ×

My new track "They Say Tomorrow" just completed.

rze99

Nice really enjoyed that. Like the singers voice, its kinda lazy but very catchy. Band sound nice and tight altho i'm guessing its a mime for the VID here. 

VID clip made me laugh a bit too.

Overall i'd be very happy with that song guys.

As for the bass it sounds good and we need more details if its just been built ?

Thanks for sharing

Dave

12 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Nice really enjoyed that. Like the singers voice, its kinda lazy but very catchy. Band sound nice and tight altho i'm guessing its a mime for the VID here. 

VID clip made me laugh a bit too.

Overall i'd be very happy with that song guys.

As for the bass it sounds good and we need more details if its just been built ?

Thanks for sharing

Dave

Cheers Dave- glad you were entertained.

here's the Bruce build thread

• Like 1

Nice bass you've built and amazed at how little it cost you.

Not being a huge fan of punk movement but my recollection of Bruce Foxton was with a Ric bass but i have seen occasional pics with the P bass. No matter what that bass sounds very nice and put me in the mood for a P bass or maybe a nice Ric but that's another topic :laugh1:

Dave

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Nice bass you've built and amazed at how little it cost you.

Not being a huge fan of punk movement but my recollection of Bruce Foxton was with a Ric bass but i have seen occasional pics with the P bass. No matter what that bass sounds very nice and put me in the mood for a P bass or maybe a nice Ric but that's another topic :laugh1:

Dave

Re the cost. That's simple. All the parts are used. I mainly build with used parts. Keeps the cost low and - if required - resale isn't too painful; ;) The P bass has so few components and is so easy to put together. It's a doddle. And a classic of course.

Good call re Bruce the Ric. 

Yes. He used an Ibanez Rickenbacker ("lawsuite") copy initially before they got their 6k advance from Polydor.... then Rickenbackers, but changed around 1978/79 for All Mod Cons.  They used the same studios as Thin Lizzy and Phil Lynott told Bruce that he would cut through and have more weight with a Precision (that's what I heard). He was right!

That said, I'd love a JetGlo 4001. But that's just silly. I'm a guitarist and just play bass for recording and fun.

Anyway I saw the Jam on the All Mod Cos tour a couple of times and I most closely associate Bruce withe the Black and maple P bass.

• Like 1