Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD *** Tokai Thunderbird
£150
LONDON

Happy Jack

A new purchase means that something has to go, plus I temporarily have a carton suitable for posting a bass. 9_9

This bass is a classic example of how there are no longer any 'bad basses'. Although a cheap bass originally and now being sold at a very knock-down price, this is as playable & reliable as most other basses and sounds like ... well, like a Thunderbird. You'd be hard put to tell this (sonically) from an Ibanez or even a Greco.707692871_Tokai(2).thumb.jpg.f2b4b09dec80f35ff36b518254c49372.jpg

Sad to relate, I now play almost exclusively 5-string basses and I'm finding it harder and harder to justify keeping any 4-string basses on the wall.

This bass has been gigged a lot and has a couple of marks, one a rather annoying new chip in the paint which it only acquired at Xmas. On t'other hand, even at this price it will come with a proper Thunderbird gigbag. 

I really hate trusting even cheap basses to a courier and the postage cost relative to the cost of the bass is usually quite unreasonable, but I will if I have to. The price for that will be determined by the courier, not me.

But I MUCH prefer to meet other Basschatters face to face, make sure that both parties like what they are getting by way of a deal before any money changes hands. The bass is in Harrow (NW London) and I have no problem with driving a sensible distance to deliver in person or at least to meet halfway.

Photos:

Tokai (1).jpg

Tokai (3).jpg

Tokai (4).jpg

Tokai (5).jpg

Tokai (6).jpg

Edited by Happy Jack
  • Like 3