Why become a member? ×

Mr Pink - My Level 42 tribute band. Promo video.

doc40hz

Very polished, as others have said its clear the amount of work that has been put in. I would think on the strength of the showreel you should be getting some offers from the summer festivals that stage trib acts (Glastonbudget etc). I think as a start that's where I'd be trying to market the act initially.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 31/01/2020 at 17:18, 4000 said:

I seem to be in the minority here who really like Kingy’s voice.😁 Either way, I thought that was great; the band seem as tight as, and Im a big early Level 42 fan (after the excellent World Machine I kind of moved on). Excellent stuff. 

I really like MKs voice too - it's quite unique sounding and really laid back!

• 2 years later...

Thanks again for all the kind words :) Means a lot. 

I've arranged Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee, Kirkcaldy and Edinburgh gigs. Looking to get to the north of England - Does anyone know of any venues available to hire? 

54 minutes ago, doc40hz said:

I've arranged Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee, Kirkcaldy and Edinburgh gigs. Looking to get to the north of England - Does anyone know of any venues available to hire? 

Im a Level 42 fan and ive seen them loadsa times ,this isnt too far away from the original if you can reproduce that sound on stage then great,i would certainly  go and see you if you ever turn up at Rock City Nottm.

8 hours ago, doc40hz said:

The Cluny in Newcastle. Don't have a lot of tributes, but cracking venue.

• 1 month later...

Well @doc40hz didn't half deliver the goods with MrPink last night. A quick blether before he got down to business on his Jaydee left me in awe....what a player & on vocals too !!! All in an Excellent band 👏 see you next time....mind a bit gaffa tape for the zip tho 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dov65 said:

Well @doc40hz didn't half deliver the goods with MrPink last night. A quick blether before he got down to business on his Jaydee left me in awe....what a player & on vocals too !!! All in an Excellent band 👏 see you next time....mind a bit gaffa tape for the zip tho 😄

Cheers Dave, thanks for coming man : ) Haha! Yes, I'll try to avoid any further wardrobe malfunctions. 

• Like 1

On 29/01/2020 at 13:09, doc40hz said:

This has been a lot of work, but this is our promo video.  This kinda started semi seriously to have fun playing hard music with my friends but I've decided to try and get out doing shows. 

I'm Scottish, so my accent is wrong for singing like Mark King so I just tried to sing in my voice. I am also not a singer! There's obviously some autotune at work, but we probably only spent about 10 hours in the studio recording the audio for this! My singing is...passable live. My sister (who is filling the role of Mike Lindup) is an outstanding singer, who fronts my other band called Danger Zone (wedding/events band). 

Level 42 splits people. Some people hate slap bass out of principle for some reason. For me, it's hugely enjoyable and highly expressive. So I'm aware I'm going to take flack for even attempting something like this! So be it. I'm well aware of the failings of this band (my vocals!). 

However, the guys in the band are top notch and I want to show off our hard work. This has been a very challenging project from start to finish. 

In truth, we don't sound much different live - thought obviously the singing is not a good. I can sing and play the parts no problem, the drummer is super humanly tight and our keyboard player is also a masterful sound engineer. We use  a Soundcraft UI24 which is awesome. 

The bass was my JayDee through a Trace Elliot GP12 with what I think is the correct EQ setting. The only track with the Status was "Heathrow"

I'm trying to get this band out doing shows, but my home town of Dundee is dismal for live music. I guess I need a promoter or an agent. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated!

The work paid off; that’s really impressive. Good luck with the promotion I really hope that you can get those live shows on the road, I’d come and see you 

• Thanks 1