Why become a member? ×

Mr Pink - My Level 42 tribute band. Promo video.

doc40hz

26 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Only Tribute band Promotion i know is Shock City in Glasgow who might be worthwhile contacting. They put on various shows with differing styles across the board.

Thanks for the heads up! I've sent them a message. Looks like a Dundee gig is in the pipeline for June from a local promoter :)

56 minutes ago, doc40hz said:

Thanks for the heads up! I've sent them a message. Looks like a Dundee gig is in the pipeline for June from a local promoter :)

Why not self promote the early gigs. Get yourselves out there as a great Level 42 tribute and the promoters will come knocking as they did with us. We haven't gone with any of them at the moment but one guy we are interested to get more detail. I don't know his details as our singer deals with all that and passes it on as and when we meet for rehearsals.

Excellent.

Annie Mccaig is the ex backing singer for Level 42 and she lives in Edinburgh down in Leith. You should see if she's available for backing vocals :) 

She sang on a couple of tracks on my bands album - she was awesome :)

Here she is in Fandalism https://fandalism.com/anniemccaig

Edited by gjones
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gjones said:

Excellent.

Annie Mccaig is the ex backing singer for Level 42 and she lives in Edinburgh down in Leith. You should see if she's available for backing vocals :) 

She sang on a couple of tracks on my bands album - she was awesome :)

Here she is in Fandalism https://fandalism.com/anniemccaig

Was that her on the Live at Wembley gig from the 80s? Good singer!

Great stuff and respect, I would come to see you if you came to play nearby (but I live in the Netherlands😬).

To be honest, I enjoyed your playthrough video's without the autotune way more than the autotuned promovideo. Autotune really gets on my nerves and you are not a bad singer at all, couldn't you try to ease up on the autotune a bit?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MGB said:

Great stuff and respect, I would come to see you if you came to play nearby (but I live in the Netherlands😬).

To be honest, I enjoyed your playthrough video's without the autotune way more than the autotuned promovideo. Autotune really gets on my nerves and you are not a bad singer at all, couldn't you try to ease up on the autotune a bit?

Thanks man. My singing has improved over the last year or so since I put the rehearsal videos up. Live we won't be using it. For the sake of getting quick takes done for the promo video, we decided to use it. I'm funding this project out of my own pocket and time in the studio is expensive! I just wanted something pretty polished out there and autotune helps with that. It's so overused these days, even on people who are capable singers! 

Awesome stuff but then again Dundee is well known to have the funk.

Seriously, difficult to do and you have pulled it off. Kudos to the studio guy as well, the recording sounds brilliant. Noticed the autotune more on your sister's vocals to be honest - I'm with the consensus here- you should ditch that or at least knock it back a bit.

Let us know if there's a Glasgow/ Edinburgh gig - I'll be there!

I seem to be in the minority here who really like Kingy’s voice.😁 Either way, I thought that was great; the band seem as tight as, and Im a big early Level 42 fan (after the excellent World Machine I kind of moved on). Excellent stuff. 

EDIT: you’re not doing my current Jaydee GAS any good either. Always wanted a Starchild Jaydee, one of the few things I’ve wanted and never had (had 2 Supernaturals).

Edited by 4000
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed that. Superb sound and rendition of the songs - great bass playing.

Im a Level 42 fan, having seen them in every decade (except 2020s), starting in 1983. I would definitely watch your band. 

And remember, the Average White Band brass section was called the 'Dundee Horns' - and are very cool and accomplished musicians! 

Edited by drTStingray

Well, I must chime in here and say very well done indeed. I can't sing (I've tried, but I sound like a pig in pain), and I can't play bass, especially slap. And I most certainly cannot do both at the same time. That's the thing I find most impressive in your video. 

In terms of the music, the promo video stands on its own merit, in my opinion. As a band performance promo video, I wonder whether there may be some merit in considering set dressing, lights, audience. Just a thought.

Best wishes to you and your band. I have no doubt at all that you're going to be very busy.