Why become a member? ×

Prices from Thomann etc post Jan 31st

Paddy515

6 minutes ago, bertbass said:

Nothing will change for a year.  After that it depends on the trade deal that is negotiated.

Exactly. The trade deal will be of utmost importance. If the UK somehow manages to screw up a good trade deal (aka they leave the EU single market) then forget Thomann since every package will have to go through customs everytime.

Wouldn't surprise me if that happens but I'm hoping for the best!

Edited by kyuuga
  • Like 1

Easily solved. Just leave the UK.

Plenty more cheap Thomann goodies for me. 😁 

Oh, and did I mention the cheap beer, low cost of living, borderless travel, and the right to live and work anywhere in Europe unhindered. I really miss the UK. 😋

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 14
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Except if they take our 'secession' seriously, and retaliate by not allowing Brits to settle in Europe without the same amount of hassle this country's going to give EU citizens trying to settle here!

At this stage I'm not sure whether I should be glad or worried that have a EU, non-UK passport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

...low cost of living, borderless travel, and the right to live and work anywhere in Europe unhindered.

I might just do that, what with my newly minted Irish citizenship and all! :)

#smug

:D

• Like 3

For the next 12 months the UK is still in the Single Market and Customs Union (and must abide by all its rules), so for those 12 months there should be little or no change. After that is anyone's guess. In the UK we might not have to pay customs on items from the likes of Thomann after we leave properly, however, I can't see UK customers benefiting from distance selling protections they have now.

6 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

Except if they take our 'secession' seriously, and retaliate by not allowing Brits to settle in Europe without the same amount of hassle this country's going to give EU citizens trying to settle here!

At this stage I'm not sure whether I should be glad or worried that have a EU, non-UK passport.

Not a problem for me, as I have a UK passport, and pre-existing EU citizenship. Best of both worlds. 😎

(Of course all UK citizens had the same rights before the lunatics were put in charge of the asylum)

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I really wish I could but thanks to Brexit it looks unlikely that I will be able to. Ive looked at every option for getting a non uk passport and can't find any way. I'd give anything to get me and my family out of the uk permanently. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

I really wish I could but thanks to Brexit it looks unlikely that I will be able to. Ive looked at every option for getting a non uk passport and can't find any way. I'd give anything to get me and my family out of the uk permanently. 

In Rome you can buy an Italian Id card(no kidding) for 500 euro

you just need to know where to go😂

No that I have anything to do with it

Edited by fiatcoupe432
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

I'm very thankful I got out of the UK when I did. Over 4 years ago now, but I was working, saving and planning for the move for 10 years prior to that, so it's been a long road. Luckily I got my residency card here long before the U.K had a mental breakdown. Sadly, as you say, it's unlikely that it will be so easy after the next 12 months is up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, paul_c2 said:

They'll probably put them up a bit, and "blame Brexit" for the increase, on Friday. 

Or course the sensible solution is to not buy anything at all - own 1 bass guitar, 1 amplifier and 1 lead.

Speaker, mains or instrument? 

14 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

11 months, not 12. Transition ends 31/12/20.

/pedant, but don’t want anyone to get caught out.

Thanks. I have now been vaccinated against Brexit so it makes no difference to me.

Anyway........

Back to Thomann

(hastily retreats and hopes the mods don't notice the "B" word) 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom