Why become a member? ×

Sunn Mustang SOLD ELSEWHERE PLEASE LOCK
£140
Bury St Edmunds/Lomdon

W1_Pro

This is a Sunn Mustang which I bought a few weeks ago off ebay.  

At some point in it's history a previous owner removed the 'Sunn' decal from the headstock.

It's a nice P bass copy with a chunky neck. It's got a few dinks and doinks but that adds to the general mojo I think.

Since geting it I have changed the bridge for a Wilkinson one.

The tuners that were on it were junk, so they have been changed for Wilkinsons also.

Fitted a new scratchplate.

Fitted a brass nut.

Fitted a Fender neck plate.

Fiited a new string tree, not particularly fond of the square ones that Sunn used, but I can send it with the bass so you can make your own choice.

Now wearing some cobalt flats, which are not old, but the silks are stripping for some reason.

Action is now about 2.5mm at the 12th, it plays nicely. I was going to change the pickup as well, but I quite like the one thats on there so I left it.

I can supply it with a gig bag. I'll take the neck off to ship it. 

This would make a great first bass for a beginner, or a spare. I have far too many basses, and I have to stop buying them.....

EDIT: PRICE REDUCED TO£120 +P&P. BARGAIN!!!

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_9749.jpg

Edited by W1_Pro

On 29/01/2020 at 10:24, hooky_lowdown said:

Those are some chunky screws in the bridge. Looks similar to an old Encore bass I had. 👍

Weren’t Sunn and Encore made by same peeps? India maybe? I’ve had both and they were solidly built with a nice substantial neck. 

• Like 1