Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha BB P34 bass VGC
£925
Chorley, Lancs. PR6

ead

Yamaha BB P34 Bass – Manufactured in September 2017

Re-listed for trade is my BB P34 bass, manufactured in September 2017.  I acquired the bass in December 2019.  I had heard good things about these basses and I can confirm that they are all true!

A straight sale is of course still an option and I will honor the previous offer to sell at £850.

Trade-wise I'm after a nice 4-string Jazz bass.  Preference would be a US bass in Black/Black/Rosewood or Black/Black/Maple but others combos are possibly of interest too.  Happy to consider CIJ/MIJ with some cash my way also.  Highway One particularly of interest (with some cash my way).

The neck is nice and straight and very easy to play on, currently set with a pretty low action.  The instrument is in very good condition with only a couple of light scuffs from use as I have tried to show in the pictures but they are really hard to capture (apologies for the reflections, but it is very shiny and has been well looked after).

The bass weighs in at just over 9lbs according to my bathroom scale and is currently strung with steel round-wound strings.  It comes with a very robust Yamaha hardcase and all the case candy.  It is a very nicely balanced instrument both on lap and strap making it very comfortable to play. The neck is fantastic, and very comfortable to move around on.

If you have any questions at all, or require additional pictures of any details please ask away and I give as comprehensive an answer as I am able.  I would prefer to arrange a meet up if at all possible, I'm pretty flexible and willing to travel a bit if necessary.

Specifications:

Construction

6-bolt mitre neck

Body

alder/maple/alder w/I.R.A treatment

Neck

5-ply maple/mahogany/maple/mahogany/maple

Neck finish

Satin

Inlays

Tablet

Scale length

34” (863.6mm)

Fretboard

Rosewood

Fretboard radius

10” (250mm) - 4 string - 23 5/6” (600mm) - 5 string

Nut width

0/12fret 40/56.3mm - 4 string - 43/63.9mm - 5 string

Frets

21, medium

Nut

Graphtech

Bridge

Vintage Plus (steel baseplate/brass saddles)

String spacing

(4/5 string) 19/18mm

Machine heads

Lightweight open-gear

Pickguard

3-ply (VS = black, MNB = cream)

Pickups

YGD V7 P/J (alnico V)

Controls

Neck volume, bridge volume, tone

Hardware colour

Satin nickel

Strings

D’Addario EXL170 45-100

Case

Hardcase shell

Product ID

GBBP34MB

Edited by ead
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little bit obsessed with this.

These bases are £1450 new, this is an absolute bargain, how is it still here?

I love Yamaha basses. 

I'm intrigued by the 'IRA' treatment, the lovely tuning pegs and knobs, the inlays, the lovely colour of the back of the multi laminate neck...

I simply cannot justify buying it but the GAS, the GAS!

• Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic