Why become a member? ×

Cab recommendation

Jezyorkshire

The 'Which cab for double bass' question is almost as much fun as the 'which pickup for double bass' question.

The Euphonic Audio Wizzy cabs are reported to work well for DB,  but I've not tried one.

Personally. I have a couple of Big E MAS (Mike Arnapol Soundworks) cabs - a 4x5 and a 4x6 and I'm very hapy with them and would be lost without them....but they aren't cheap.

Other cabs that I've tried and liked are the Barefaced One10 and a TC Electronic 2x10 that I borrowed for a couple of gigs and was very pleasantly surprised at how well it handled the notes on the E string.

The current opinion seems to be that lots of small drivers are better for double bass than one big driver, so something like the Phil Jones cabs could work well.

A couple of manufactures have cabs with multiple 8" drivers, which get good reports for DB.  In particular, there's a thread over on Talkbass about how good the Peavey Max 208 is for DB.

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/new-amp-day-peavey-max-bass-208.1391005/

• Thanks 1

1. Greenboy F112 from Tricky audio. http://trickyaudio.com/wp/    You won't need any other cab. Not cheap but you won't need any other cab. Built with the highest components so you won't need any other another cab. Light and easily transportable, so you won't need any other cab. Loud and very clear, Did I mention you won't be needing any other cab?
  • Thanks 1

On 28/01/2020 at 20:46, TheRev said:

Personally. I have a couple of Big E MAS (Mike Arnapol Soundworks) cabs - a 4x5 and a 4x6 and I'm very hapy with them and would be lost without them....but they aren't cheap.

I played through those in a DB Bash. They were very fine indeed.

• Like 1

Agree with MJJS - pick up SO important - a pre can help a lot too, I am convinced it just depends which amp you go into - I go direct into an AER amp one and have no issues at all ….failing that you could buy an Eminence EUB and all your problems would be solved

Hello. Guy here. From TrickyAudio. 

Just putting it out there (clearly !!! ) That I'm still in business and making greenboy cabinets, I decided to put a stop to the crazy8 model as a lot of users would get back to me with problems. I suspected the problems were because they were expecting the c8 to have the performance range that the FEARLESS range has.......simple answer...

IT DON'T !!! 

Order a F112 or any of the FEARLESS range instead and cover all your needs for the rest of your fruitful and lengthy careers 😄

Thanks

Guy

www.trickyaudio.com

• Like 1