Why become a member? ×

*now sorted*Calling all Sabbath fans - dep bass player required

artisan

My band "Jack Sabbath" have a gig booked on March 7th at the Brewery Tap in Bradford.

Unfortunately I won't be available to play this gig as I am having a knee replacement operation a couple of weeks before this.

Short notice I know.

We just play the early Ozzy era stuff.

Are you up for the challenge?

If anyone is interested then please pm me & I'll pass your details onto our band leader.

Many thanks.

Edited by artisan

16 hours ago, artisan said:

My band "Jack Sabbath" have a gig booked on March 7th at the Brewery Tap in Bradford.

Unfortunately I won't be available to play this gig as I am having a knee replacement operation a couple of weeks before this.

I had knee replacement surgery 2 weeks and 1 day before a gig. I sat down during the gig and everyone carried all my equipment and set it up. was actually quite a good gig, although not very rock'n'roll!

• Like 4

Takes the pressure off !

Like Mr WIB, i also had surgery  ( replacement hip due to old car accident )  late November last year and was gigging New Years eve.  The guys and girls in the band sorted everything from picking me up at home, hauling the gear to the car, then into the pub, set it up, tore it down and tranpsorted me and the rig back home again.

It can be done !

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

Well, that's nothing.  I had a heart and lung transplant and insisted it be done under a local anaesthetic so I could do my mandatory hours daily bass practice, which that day was scheduled to he a jam session with Eric Clapton and Cozy Powell.

Weird having your knee done, in that it is done under local anaesthetic (well, an epidural) with sedation, so when you sort of come round, there are a lot of people gathered round you hammering your knee with general tools. You don't feel it of course, but you do feel the force of being pushed into the bed. Still, nice you get to see some of it happening.

11 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Weird having your knee done, in that it is done under local anaesthetic (well, an epidural) with sedation, so when you sort of come round, there are a lot of people gathered round you hammering your knee with general tools. You don't feel it of course, but you do feel the force of being pushed into the bed. Still, nice you get to see some of it happening.

Well that's something to look forward to 🤪

3 hours ago, artisan said:

Well that's something to look forward to 🤪

Trust me, the day I went into hospital, I got there at 8, no food, got put in a stupid gown and got labels put on. i sat there until 3pm while one by one everyone went out, until it was me and the reception woman (I was feeling bad for her, she clearly wanted to go home), watching homes under the hammer and other daytime TV, and then I was finally wheeled to theatre. The operation was the best part of the day!

And.. it was my birthday.

And it has to be said that that knee is one of my favourites now.

• Haha 2

I had a bar put in my right  wrist 7 years ago  due to RA and last February had to get it taken out as a couple of the screws had come loose. It was giving me agony. I'm now waiting to get a new bar to be put in. As a Scotsman, I've been chucked out of a few bars, never had 2 inserted though.

My achilles tendon snapped a week before gigging started with a new band.

I was in plaster to the hip, not allowed to weight bear on it so on crutches and some pretty debilitating pain killers. 

Played sat on a stool for the first few gigs. Not cool. 

• Like 1