Why become a member? ×

Brawley Artemis 5 string, but in Manchester New Hampshire :-(

Richard R

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/In-Store-Used/Used-Brawley-ARTEMIS-Natural-Electric-Bass-Guitar.gc

While on a rather long call at work,  for which I was required only for some parts, I did my occasional hunt for Brawley Artemis 5 string guitars, and came across this. It's in Manchester, NH rather than Manchester UK otherwise I would have bought it immediately.  My bass is the 4 string brother of this, bought a couple of years ago -I'm half-looking for a 5 string and would love a matching pair. But shipping and possible returns to the US make it rather too risky as an impulse buy.

I can't do my guitar justice, but everyone who can play has really liked it and agrees that they are really nice basses. Well built, sound fantastic, 3 band Active eq, dual humbuckers, 35" scale. The opinion across the 'net is much the same, that they are hugely underrated -  Hardly anyone knows about Brawley as they went out of business after only a couple of years. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brawley_Guitars, see also the references to the original Brawley web site,  various reviews on Talkbass etc) 

So while I won't be buying this, if there is anyone on that side of the pond who wants to take a punt (only $350!) and buy this then I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed. And if it plays as well as mine I shall be a teeny bit jealous.

@Mods - Not sure if this sort of post is OK or where it should go. I have no association with Guitar Center, but move/delete as appropriate..

The global community that is BassChat! You don't happen to run an export business do you? (Hopefully not, otherwise life is going to get very complicated!)

All I can say is that if my example is anything to go by, Brawley are really nice guitars to play.  As I said, someone will get a really good deal.

• Haha 1