Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Epifani UL310 Mk I - Excellent Condition
£450
SE London

therealting

On offer is my Epifani UL310 Mk I, in excellent condition. I remember lusting after one of these when seeing them endorsed by Matt Garrison in bass mags, and a few years ago managed to snag this beauty.

This is the version with the sought after B&C speakers (no longer made). It’s done a few big gigs with me (including a couple at the Royal Festival Hall with orchestra and choir), and filled the space beautifully and effortlessly... yet much easier to cart around than a 4x10”, I can comfortably carry it one handed.

6AFE3F8A-11C3-459B-86CE-8E221D7078D0.thumb.jpeg.3cc4ba4270024e747f8c26db713c43c3.jpeg

BA61867D-EBD1-4E5D-8C7E-75BE3CA07020.thumb.jpeg.9013a6ce259c30ab10178d05089f5ea9.jpeg
Carpet is in excellent condition with no visible nicks. It comes with a padded cover which has obviously done a great job of keeping it neat and taken the wear and tear punishment.

C19502BD-801F-432D-907B-937338CAD6C6.thumb.jpeg.abc5bc7c83e117253d5077f51421b48f.jpeg

6E59D7D6-07E1-4AFB-A0DF-53F9C7729A78.thumb.jpeg.27d2424a728dd122bb8f603b8850e454.jpeg

Selling because I have too many amps and am doing 95% of my playing direct through in-ears, so it seems silly to have this taking up space in the house (going to hang on to my Fender Rumble for the odd amp gig).

I’m not particularly looking for trades except possibly a 30-32” five or six string, or a Sadowsky 5-string P or PJ, but try me. I will also be listing a few other items so could combine for the right deal. 

£450 cash on collection please. I do not particularly want to post it as it’s heavy and difficult to package securely, unless you are willing to arrange your own courier and take FULL responsibility for any damage caused while in transit.

1F836559-90A3-4208-8BF7-496D0740F05F.jpeg

Possible trades: Cali76, Helix Stomp, or try me. 

Edited by therealting
SOLD
  • Like 5

Surprised this hasn't received more attention as these are superb sounding cabs.. Especially whis being the earlier model with the better drivers in it! 

I've got one - second one I've owned in fact - and it really does work well with every kind of music I've tried it with (rock, blues, funk, soul, indie...). And it's sounded impressive with a variety of different amps I've paired it with - valve, Class A/B, Class D etc.. 

Just my 2p worth of course but I really rate this 310 design. 

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now and say GLWTS.  😊

I also had a series 1 and the two next generations. This series 1 are really astounding cabinet with loads of power capabilities and better sounding than the next generations, thanks to the B&C speakers. Was working wonderfully coupled to a Glockenklang class D head, and many others. And it's lighter than it looks.

GLWYS.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2020 at 10:43, silverfoxnik said:

Surprised this hasn't received more attention as these are superb sounding cabs.. Especially whis being the earlier model with the better drivers in it! 

I've got one - second one I've owned in fact - and it really does work well with every kind of music I've tried it with (rock, blues, funk, soul, indie...). And it's sounded impressive with a variety of different amps I've paired it with - valve, Class A/B, Class D etc.. 

Just my 2p worth of course but I really rate this 310 design. 

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now and say GLWTS.  😊

That's my old cab you have. Glad to hear you're happy with it. I liked it very much, but I live in a first and second floor flat and found it a bit wide to get up and down the narrow stairs at my advanced age.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/03/2020 at 19:23, therealting said:

Inexplicably still here. Willing to consider reasonable offers for cash on collection. 

I have an Epifani 310 cab too and it is absolutely brilliant, so have a free BUMP on me.

Room filling, warm and punchy sound and a one handed lift. It's just a really good design.. 

Not only that, it's a decent width too, so the old skool, 19"wide, Class A/B and valve heads don't look silly on top of it. 😊

GLWTS 

So light you can lift it with one hand so ticks that "portable" box. Enough grunt to deal with a  drummer so ticks that "full band" box. These cabs really do sit in that sweet spot. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Hey mate, what’s the impedance, hard to see from pics? Cheers. Chris 

As @E sharp says, 5.3ohms. You’d run it from the 4 ohm speaker output on most amps, it makes negligible different to the amp output section. I used to use it with a Shuttle 9.0 or MB800 very comfortably. 

I really rate these UL series cabs. I have a series 1 UL210. Great cabs with a really warm, smooth, mid forward, fat tone. The perfect cabs for soul/funk (if that's your bag).

I even A/B'd with the Vanderkley MNT210 cab I had and the Epifani was louder and could go lower. I can only imagine how good this is!! Have a bump!

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 1

In my search for a single cab solution, Are these the spec’s?

Speaker: 3 x 250w RMS Cast Aluminum Frame

100w RMS Tweeter

Freq Response: 40hz - 16khz

Power Rating: 750w RMS (1800w Peak)

5.3 Ohms

Suggested Wattage: 200w - 1000w

Sensitivity: 103db SPL @ 1w 1m

Recessed Handles

Dimensions: 23" H x 21.5" W x 16.5 " D

47 lbs.

Edited by Oldman

1 hour ago, Oldman said:

Speaker: 3 x 250w RMS Cast Aluminum Frame

100w RMS Tweeter

Freq Response: 40hz - 16khz

Power Rating: 750w RMS (1800w Peak)

5.3 Ohms

Suggested Wattage: 200w - 1000w

Sensitivity: 103db SPL @ 1w 1m

Recessed Handles

Dimensions: 23" H x 21.5" W x 16.5 " D

47 lbs.

That looks correct. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oldman said:

I used to gig with one of these. Nice and loud 5 strings. Fighting with the drummer.

This is the single cab solution you are looking for.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic