Why become a member? ×

On hold G&L LB100 U.S.A. P bass
£950
Hoddesdon.

gary mac

A stunning example of Leo Fender’s G&L P bass.

It’s a proper U.S. model built in 2016 at the Fullerton, California plant. Hang tag, warranty card, certificate, spec sheet etc is included.

Alder body.

Finish is cherry burst.

The three ply guard is more like the lovely old vintage looking tort.

Saddle lock bridge.

9.5 radius dark Rosewood fret board. Bone nut. Width at the nut is 1.5/8th”.

Frets are medium/jumbo and all seated and finished perfectly.

G&L Alnico pick up

G&L ultralite tuners.

Weight is 9lb 12oz.

Original hard-shell, black tolex case, which looks almost as new.

This bass has not had a hard life, the first owner only used it at home, I’ve gigged it twice.

Although I believe it left the factory,  with round wound strings, the previous owner fitted a set of flats, so there is no fret wear.

Condition is near perfect, with just a little swirling/signs of use to the pick guard.

Lovely tight, neck pocket and with six securing screws, the neck/body joint is rock solid.

I love this bass, it’s comfortable to play seated or standing, looks amazing and sounds great in a band setting.

My reason for selling? Well a near miss last night, on a crowded stage, when our drummer knocked over a heavy cymbal stand, made me rethink gigging with a pristine instrument like this. I’m going to use my old G&L and a P bass that I built for myself, both of which sport war wounds and genuine road wear.

Hopefully the photos will give a good indication of the condition. Anything that looks like a blemish or damage to the body finish, is purely down to my photography.

Price is £950.

I’m in Hoddesdon, Herts. Would really prefer collection but we can discuss shipping if necessary.  

IMG_6775.JPG

IMG_6776.JPG

IMG_6774.JPG

IMG_6777.JPG

IMG_6778.JPG

IMG_6779.JPG

IMG_6781.JPG

IMG_6782.JPG

IMG_6784.JPG

IMG_6785.JPG

IMG_6786.JPG

IMG_6787.JPG

IMG_6788.JPG

IMG_6789.JPG

IMG_6790.JPG

IMG_6792.JPG

IMG_6793.JPG

IMG_6794.JPG

IMG_6795.JPG

IMG_6797.JPG

IMG_6798.JPG

Edited by gary mac
  • Like 20

On 26/01/2020 at 15:08, scalpy said:

As above, I have one and it sounds monster with flats or rounds, really woody tone and super comfortable to play. Hope it finds an appreciative home.

I've only used it with flats but yes bet it sounds great with rounds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

C'mon guys, I cannot believe this beauty is still available. Can someone please buy it? Otherwise, I have to do it and then have to explain to my wife why I had to buy yet another bass even though I will never have a career in music? 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/04/2020 at 09:42, Eldon Tyrell said:

C'mon guys, I cannot believe this beauty is still available. Can someone please buy it? Otherwise, I have to do it and then have to explain to my wife why I had to buy yet another bass even though I will never have a career in music? 😎

I'm sure your wife will be perfectly happy, it will look so lovely adorning  your lounge.😂

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/01/2020 at 13:39, gary mac said:

made me rethink gigging with a pristine instrument like this.

This is why I can't buy such a beautiful bass. I have one expensive (to me) instrument and I never use it for fear of damage. 

This is even more stunning. 

• Thanks 1