Why become a member? ×

Ashdown LB30 more bass

Reggaebass

Quick question, I use an LB 30 through a MB115 for home practice and I like the core tone , but I want a deeper bass tone , I’ve tried a cheap equaliser pedal and it does work, would I be better buying a decent one or would a compressor work or another pedal etc, thanks 🙂

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, mr4stringz said:

The Electro-Harmonix Mole is an option that you may want to have a look at.

I had this and ended up selling it, it applies a low pass filter so everything above 200hz is pretty much eliminated, also seems to boost the lows , great for that thunderous low end boom but not much in the way of articulation

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Teebs said:

I've used this in the past to add more low end.

910059314_BossGEB-7.thumb.png.ed83775b1a2969adb966fb9d84cb3533.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Boss-GEB-7-7-Band-Bass-Pedal/dp/B0002KZ6LQ

It works! :)

Yeah thanks teebs, someone at the studio gave me a battered one of those to try, and it does work quite well, I might get a new one 👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I play with the bass on full, a bit of mid and treble off , but it’s not quite enough bass , I was looking for something to boost it a bit, 🙂

If you have to EQ to that extreme and the amp still doesn't give you what you want. . . . . . IMO you need a different amp, one that better fits your sound.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chris_b said:

If you have to EQ to that extreme and the amp still doesn't give you what you want. . . . . . IMO you need a different amp, one that better fits your sound.

Hi Chris, I’ve got quite a few amps but I like the LB for home practice as it doesn’t have a fan , I do like the sound , but I would like just a little more low bass 

3 minutes ago, Ricky 4000 said:

Has that rig always needed to go deeper, or is it something new?

I’ve had it about a year, and I didn’t use it for a long time because it didn’t go deep enough, but I’ve started using it again, it does have a really nice core tone , it’s just me, I need more bass 😁

• Like 1

The Behringer BDI21 is only £17 on Amazon. Obviously not the same as the Sansamp VT mentioned earlier, but a clone of the Sansamp Bass Driver and will give an idea if the Sansamps could be what you're looking for. 

For that money it's worth having one kicking about anyway. 

• Like 1