wateroftyne

Juan Alderete seriously injured

This is terrible news, really hope he pulls through and his family can get the support they need.

I adore his playing with The Mars Volta, his performance on Frances The Mute particularly had a big impact on my development as a bassist

Really sad about this, it’s a significant injury, so just keeping everything crossed!

Si

I have no idea who he is or know much about Mars Volta, but that is a very horrible thing to happen for his family etc, hope he gets better.

• Like 1

I read it on his Instagram page yesterday. Seriously bad news. I met him two years ago after a Marilyn Manson concert. Absolutely fantastic bass player (I lóve his playing in The Mars Volta) and an incredibly nice guy. Hope he'll recover.

• Like 1

Awful news. Big MV fan and have seen him play a few times and been suitably impressed.

Hoping he can make a full recovery. :(

He's been around for years.  Used to play in Racer X with Paul Gilbert.  Seems like a really good guy and a decent player.  Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

21 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Thanks, but not for me

I think this thread is about Juan, not yourself, with all respect.

Hope he can pull through this terrible incident - monster of a player. 

• Like 4

One of my big bass inspirations..... get well Juan, strength and love to you and family.

Just horrible.

Juan is awesome, hope he pulls through. Seen him a bunch of times with The Mars Volta. Got to meet him at an Earthquaker demo at Wunjo, where he was gracious and humble towards a fan's gushing over the intro to Day Of The Baphomets (me). Also his pedalsandeffects.com site is hugely helpful in directing my effects research/spends.

Edited by toneknob
  • Like 1