Why become a member? ×

Caroline Shaw - caution: no bass content whatsoever

leftybassman392

I've been watching Stuart Copeland's excellent Adventures in Music series on BBC4, and heard part of this piece by Caroline Shaw.

I should say right away that this won't be everybody's cuppa (and as I said in the title there is no bass guitar - or indeed bass equipment - content whatsoever). If you're looking for bass content, you won't find any in this post.

I found it fascinating though, and am planning to have a look at some of her other work.

Curious to know what others think.

• Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, leftybassman392 said:

I've been watching Stuart Copeland's excellent Adventures in Music series on BBC4, and heard part of this piece by Caroline Shaw.

I should say right away that this won't be everybody's cuppa (and as I said in the title there is no bass guitar - or indeed bass equipment - content whatsoever). If you're looking for bass content, you won't find any in this post.

I found it fascinating though, and am planning to have a look at some of her other work.

Curious to know what others think.

Blimey. Weird, beautiful and absolutely bonkers all at the same time! Serious singing skills.

• Like 2

A very thought provoking and fascinating piece. Thanks for sharing. There is a fine line, though, between an intelligent piece and being too clever for one's own good and I wonder whether, on occasions, it skirts the line a little too closely. Still, my life is still better for having heard it rather than not so, once again, thanks for the share. 

• Like 1