Why become a member? ×

A long shot.... did you buy my Music Man Sabre & Fender Musicmaster around 2006?

Chiliwailer

As the title says, this is along shot wondering if the guy is on BC, or has even seen this post!

Sometime around 2005/6 whilst I was working in Regent Sounds, Denmark St,  there was a nice fella (Steve or Kev, or maybe not?) who was a regular customer that used to come in for a chat and hang out. I remember he played a lot of slap. 

I had just bought some old Fenders and sold him my late 70’s Music Man Sabre which was brown and beat up, and also a refinished and done up 1971 Musicmaster Bass. Selling both wasn’t wise really, as you do, but the Sabre is still missed. 

Are you around pal? Would love to get in touch again to see if you still have them,  or find out where the Sabre is. 

Edited by Chiliwailer

7 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Ugh. Bass Seller's Regret - a horrid thing to have to deal with. Hope you find it mate 🤞

Absolutely - mine is a long list! 

As with many 70’s Sabres, the neck had a twist, and it wasn’t as comfy as my Ray, but when I hear it on old recordings I made, it stays on the mind sometimes. I sold it to fund a 64 Jazz which then funded a deposit for my flat - out of the two I’d actually have the Sabre back. 

• Like 1