Why become a member? ×

BOSS ME 80 as a bass DI ????

Skezza

firstly I am not sure if my  topic is in the correct forum but having looked through the forums I thought this was the best option.

I play in a couple of bands at the moment.  Bass and guitar  in one (our keyboard player plays bass on songs where there is no keys) and guitar in the other

For many years I used a TC electronics NOVA system for both my guitar and bass and DI straight to the PA.  I have had 3 NOVA systems and I thought they were good BUT all three broke and were not cost effective to repair.  

I am looking to buy a replacement for the NOVA which will handle reverb delay and ambient effects for both my guitar and bass. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Has anyone tried using the boss ME-80 pedalboard for BASS guitar??

https://www.digitech.com/discontinued-products/BP355-.html?cgid=discontinued-products&dwvar_BP355-_color=Black-GLOBAL-Current

I still use one of these for guitar and bass. It has amp sims for both, plus all the fx's you want and a DI - which the Boss does not have.

Amp sims can be switched off - or DI mode engaged - so you use just the fx.

Can be had secondhand quite reasonably.

I know it’s not an answer to you question, but an HX stomp sounds like it would suit your needs really well. Top class guitar & bass amp sims and effects. It doesn’t have an XLR for DI but you can use a TRS cable to send a balanced signal to the mixer. Can be had 2nd hand for around £300.