Why become a member? ×

Ashdown bass guitars

uk_lefty

• 3 months later...

That is interesting. I saw one the other day, but I thought I must have misheard him as he was playing through an ashdown amp. I just looked at the video. They do look good, but the competition at the price will have to be really special for them to break through.

7 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

There’s a whole thread about these - half of the people on the thread say “ooh they look nice”

and half of the people on the thread say “urgh, more bleedin fender clones”

True, and that's about 80 percent of the site content spread over various threads! The main reason I raised it separately and in the lefty section was because they said they'd do left handers in all ranges too, which I think is great. You only really get close to that with Sire at below £1000, everyone else just does a few "select" models in left handed. 

7 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

True, and that's about 80 percent of the site content spread over various threads! The main reason I raised it separately and in the lefty section was because they said they'd do left handers in all ranges too, which I think is great. You only really get close to that with Sire at below £1000, everyone else just does a few "select" models in left handed. 

Some of the Corts are ok @ below a Grand? Admittedly I only have an ancient but pristine Action 5 scored for £70 last year. It's pretty good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JottoSW1 said:

Some of the Corts are ok @ below a Grand? Admittedly I only have an ancient but pristine Action 5 scored for £70 last year. It's pretty good.

Yeah true but they don't do their whole range left handed. I know it's not practical for most manufacturers but I think it's great that Ashdown have said everything is available in left handed. 

6 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Yeah true but they don't do their whole range left handed. I know it's not practical for most manufacturers but I think it's great that Ashdown have said everything is available in left handed. 

Agreed in spades. Had a weird yen for a Lefty MM Bongo. No longer available new, saw a Great red one in US but most definitely unobtainium

• Like 1