Why become a member? ×

Ashdown CTM 100 Valve AmplifierWITHDRAWN
£700
Radstock

stewblack

No longer selling. Thanks for looking.

Just spent £160 having this serviced and set up. Two brand new kt88 valves and all new high quality tone pots. 

Comes with a very nice cover, not too heavy, especially for an all valve amp. 

I suspect you don't need me to tell you much about this. 

Our own on house expert @Dooddid a great video review which is on YouTube. 

I'd rather meet or use the Basschat Underground Railway than trust this to the tender mercies of Hermes 

Edited by stewblack
WITHDRAWN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Selling to raise the funds to buy one. Or trying to. But now we are outcast from the common market I don't know if I'll be allowed to buy from Poland. 

Don’t worry , Poland 🇵🇱, next country heading for the door by all accounts 🤣

seriously though if it’s the WB100 you’re after they’re seriously cool looking amps . They use 6L6 valves , I winder are They interchangeable with EL34s 🤔

Edited by Quilly

1 hour ago, Quilly said:

Don’t worry , Poland 🇵🇱, next country heading for the door by all accounts 🤣

Won't be from the polish people, they are the most pro EU out of the 26, although they have all had a bit of a boost in the last few years!

1 hour ago, Quilly said:

seriously though if it’s the WB100 you’re after they’re seriously cool looking amps . They use 6L6 valves , I winder are They interchangeable with EL34s 🤔

Generally there aren't too many modifications to put EL34s in, if the power supply can take it and you don't mind a bit of modding. Why do you want EL34s?

3 minutes ago, Quilly said:

Aesthetically I prefer the old school look of the ctm100 

Same here - not as blocky. Would still be interested in hearing what one was like.

Do love the sound of the CTM100 though - Sure the new owner of this will be happy when they become it!

23 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Won't be from the polish people, they are the most pro EU out of the 26, although they have all had a bit of a boost in the last few years!

Generally there aren't too many modifications to put EL34s in, if the power supply can take it and you don't mind a bit of modding. Why do you want EL34s?

I had an old Carslbro 50 top amp that had a pair of el34s. Maybe it was another component in that amp . But it sounded divine when pushed hard. It was. Guitar head but sounded super With bass