Why become a member? ×

Butlins Giants of Rock weekend (not going now)

police squad

We were going to Minehead to watch this weekend.

Lake side apartment

on the bill Procol Harum and GUN.

2 bands I've always wanted to see.

Others playing, Stray, Pat Mcmanus, Bernie Marsden, Dave Bickler (survivor singer)

Yesterday both Procol and GUN cancelled😪.

I know Gary Brooker has had a car accident and broken ribs.

Gun haven't said why they're not playing.

We're not going now, it's ruined my day but I'll get over it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mykesbass said:

Yes, T&Cs always have line up subject to change. Bit harsh for you @police squad but I'd imagine it would be impossible to put these events on without this caveat.

agreed, it's just life.

We got a cracking black friday deal for our apartment too, we were really looking forward to it

oh well

2 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Yes, T&Cs always have line up subject to change. Bit harsh for you @police squad but I'd imagine it would be impossible to put these events on without this caveat.

You mean, especially as the headline acts are so f*cking ancient that they're likely to buy the farm any minute? You'd think the organisers would know that and have a plan B. Shame! That's a bummer, police squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steantval said:

One of the chaps on here plays with Stray, maybe he has some inside info on the cancellations.

yes I know the Stray bass player is here.

I also know the Procol guitar player quite well, it was him that told me about procol cancelling.

They haven't really replaced the cancelled acts with anything nearly as good

26 minutes ago, cetera said:

That's sad news.

Still some great acts there though....
Dave Bickler is fantastic... my guitarist Glenn is playing with him and Dave will put on a great performance.

I was quite looking forward to Dave Bickler as I have been doing 'Eye of the Tiger' for a good few years now.

There are some good acts, which would have been great, to accompany the 2 that cancelled.

3 minutes ago, ambient said:

I’d still go. I don’t know who any of the bands are, still might be a good weekend, the scenery around there is spectacular.

I was thinking that - you've paid, why cancel?

You might have a great time 👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, police squad said:

yes I know the Stray bass player is here.

I also know the Procol guitar player quite well, it was him that told me about procol cancelling.

They haven't really replaced the cancelled acts with anything nearly as good

Stray bass here. No, no info other than what's been touted on the Facebook page. Looking forward to opening on Saturday on Reds. We were actually offered the closing slot on Sunday when Gun pulled out but that made it awkward for a couple of our members. Really looking forward to watching Hawkwind, just a shame they're a direct clash with Diamond Head who I used to quite like back in the day.