Why become a member? ×

Calling all teenagers

Kiwi

[quote name='s1ater' post='977489' date='Oct 4 2010, 06:51 PM']Heres my current gear. Just got the svt 4pro yesterday

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/53683837@N06/5051815286/"][/url][url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/53683837@N06/5051815286/"]PA040570[/url] by [url="http://www.flickr.com/people/53683837@N06/"]seanjgallacher[/url], on Flickr[/quote]

Nice rig :)

Im looked at buying the Marshall MBC410 cab - what do you think of it? I'll be using it with their MB450H head, its just my MBC115 doesnt seem to cut through very well!

• 4 months later...

Hiya all!

Iv just turned 18 and been playing for about 3 n a half years.
Right now im playing my "customised" fender jazz bass
and a musicman stingray through a trace elliot AH400SMX and a 2x10 and 1x15 setup.
before this i had a mexican fender jazz which served me well for a few years.

my "customised" fender jazz is a usa 2003. was a highway one which i picked up second hand from a local music shop for £450.
it was a complete mess. half of the paint work had come off, a bit of a messy colour to start with, high action, and the bridge saddles were stuck so i couldnt adjust the action, neck was like a bannana and the body had been through a lot.
i bought it with the intention of doing it up.
and that i did.

i had the neck streightened
new brige saddles
stripped the paintwork
replaced pickups with fender custom shops
and use without scratch plate.

now it plays like a dream and looks pretty good too.

ill put up some pictures soon :)

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' post='1143758' date='Feb 27 2011, 07:54 PM']I feel your pain - I have the same problem!

Would be interested to hear about the 410.[/quote]

Its not a bad cab, never had any problems being heard

Think I knackered mine with my vba400 though :/

I've moved on gearwise now, might update the thread :)

• 1 month later...

Here's my cheap, mostly "out of date" gear, but it does me well :) Most of its been updated since my last post...

Basses (L to R)
Boston P-bass copy, first bass I ever owned, still comes in handy
Schecter Stilleto Deluxe 5, First 5 string, build qulaity's not great but it has its moments when it works
Yamaha RBX 375, My main bass at the moment
Jim Deacon Fretless P- Decided I wanted a fretless, so defretted this, didn't turn out too badly and is pretty good for the money I paid for it, could do with a new set of electronics though.

Effects
Currently just running the M9, although it keeps finding itself on a board with other pedals somehow :)
The Bass POD XT goes straight into my rigs pre-amp, sounds much better and I'm having lots of fun with it, it'll be its first gig tonight though so I'll see how it really does.

Also got some effects that I don't really use anymore (+ A zoom B1x I've been meaning to sell for ages >.<), the DD-2 is broken, I know what needs fixed but the PCB is too tight for me to solder on.

And of course the amp, An Ashdown MAG 300H (non evo) into one of the older Hartke 410xls, and a 15" cab thats kinda a frankenstein creation that [i]might[/i] have a broken speaker in it, taking the full rig out tomorrow so will find out soon enough :lol:

I also have a Peavey TNT 130 at the bands practice space, which has kind of been through the wars a bit, but is fantastic anyway

Reaaaaaaally want a 5 string Yamaha BB, but gonna get one of the Brace Audio wireless sets first, so me and my guitarist can go for walks on gigs :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='ianSB' post='1257383' date='Jun 5 2011, 03:11 PM'][attachment=81809:ampeg_stack.jpg]
[attachment=81810:me_mark_..._upgrade.jpg]

this is my gigging rig and bass and i dont have a picture of my jazz on hand but i will do soon
and i m 18 btw[/quote]

what shop is this fella? Looks very good on the amp front, most shops down here have sod all in the way of amps!

And well done on having a 610HLF - best cab ever IMO [i](Disclaimer : This is my opinion :) )[/i]

Edited by Stag

[quote name='Stag' post='1263303' date='Jun 9 2011, 09:23 PM']what shop is this fella? Looks very good on the amp front, most shops down here have sod all in the way of amps!

And well done on having a 610HLF - best cab ever IMO [i](Disclaimer : This is my opinion :) )[/i][/quote]

thats a pmt in leeds, they seem to have quite a lot of ampeg stuff in recently. that was when i first tried the mark hoppus out and went back every week to check it was there until i bought it haha

and i love the 610 its my best buy so far.

Couple of pics of mine, as I'm still eligible for this thread (for a few more months until the dreaded halfway-to-forty mark is hit...)

An old Shine bass (no idea on the model), an Epi T-bird and by beloved 60th anniversary MIM Fender Precision.

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/13828735.jpg/"][/url]

Edited by Bones12

[quote name='ianSB' post='1257383' date='Jun 5 2011, 03:11 PM'][attachment=81809:ampeg_stack.jpg]

this is my gigging rig and bass and i dont have a picture of my jazz on hand but i will do soon
and i m 18 btw[/quote]

If only I could afford that now, let alone at 18! I settled for the 220w BA-115HP combo...it just doesn't really compare.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pic 1: 2007 Ibanez GSR200, now converted to a passive p bass (vol/tone) and including more stickers. Cost me £150 in '07. (Pic taken august 2010)

Pic 2: Ibanez GSR200 again, this time strung BEAD as it was the time when Fender were replacing my 5 (Took them 10 weeks) along with my guitarists Line 6 Lowdown LD150. Its a good little combo, but is really struggling to put out the volume in our recent gigs. The cards were also because it was my 15th Birthday, was only last year. (Pic taken May 15th 2010)

Pic 3: 2010 Squier Deluxe Jazz V Active, my main gigging bass. Cost me £170 for an '07 shop floor model, that one broke so Fender UK sent me the 2010. (Pic taken September 24th 2010)

Pic 4: 2007 Squier Deluxe Jazz V Active, this is the one that broke so Fender replaced it. I prefered it as it was lighter and suited me better i think, but the hardware and electronics on the 2010 are much better so i wont complain. (Pic taken February 2010)

Pic 5: Warwick ProFet 5.1 + Peavey PA Cab, Warwick was bought on here for £150 this January, the Peavey is actually part of our band PA so i dont use it often, only on gigs where it isnt our PA, which tend to be bigger gigs where other bands provide backline, so its rare. I need to get myself a cab of some sort, 2x210's sounds good i think. (Pic taken may 2011)

I also find it quite funny that in all 3 pics where i'm playing on here i'm using a pick, when i actually play fingerstyle most of the time. I'm 16 now and all of this gear has been funded by christmas and birthday money, except the Line 6 which belongs to my guitarist (He has a gorgeous Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top in Blueburst) and any of my next purchases will be with money from my apprenticeship i start in september, aiming for a Musicman Stingray 5 (White, white p/g, maple fretboard) or Stignray 4 (White, black p/g, maple fretboard) and hopefully a P Bass (Red, white p/g, maple fretboard) along with a new rig which will be a Line 6 Relay G90 Wireless into either a Fender TBP-1 and Peavey IPR 1600 or some other rig that has footswitchable tube overdive (Hartke Kilo, Ashdown ABM500 etc..) into 2x210's or 2x212's.

Liam Edited by LiamPodmore

[quote name='sambassman' post='1135304' date='Feb 21 2011, 12:54 PM']Hiya all!

Iv just turned 18 and been playing for about 3 n a half years.
Right now im playing my "customised" fender jazz bass
and a musicman stingray through a trace elliot AH400SMX and a 2x10 and 1x15 setup.
before this i had a mexican fender jazz which served me well for a few years.

my "customised" fender jazz is a usa 2003. was a highway one which i picked up second hand from a local music shop for £450.
it was a complete mess. half of the paint work had come off, a bit of a messy colour to start with, high action, and the bridge saddles were stuck so i couldnt adjust the action, neck was like a bannana and the body had been through a lot.
i bought it with the intention of doing it up.
and that i did.

i had the neck streightened
new brige saddles
stripped the paintwork
replaced pickups with fender custom shops
and use without scratch plate.

now it plays like a dream and looks pretty good too.

ill put up some pictures soon :)[/quote]

[attachment=85062:281797_1...922734_n.jpg]
my beautiful jazz bass :) (sorry about the bad light)
[attachment=85059:Photo_0054_e1.jpg]
my rig. mon the trace.
[attachment=85060:sex_wall.jpg]
heres my family, G&L L2500, Fender Jazz, Musicman Stingray

• 2 weeks later...

Im Rob, 19

been playing seriously for about 4 years now

my set up at the moment is ...

My beloved Fender Jaguar modded with badass II Bridge, fender noiseless pickups (pictured are Seymour quarter pounders that i didnt get on with ) and properly shielded inside
[attachment=85857:251665_2...253523_n.jpg]

My TC Electronic RH450 Head with custom 4x12 cabinet loaded with four BNIB CELESTION BN12-300S, and a fender rumble 15 when my parents get annoyed with the noise :)

[attachment=85858:IMAG0362.jpg]

My EUB bass and bow

[attachment=85859:IMAG0363.jpg]

And a few pedals which i change more often than my underwear :)
Getting rid of the muff for a Fulltone OCD, getting a Boss oc-2 and a BBE sonic Maximizer with my next pay packet

[attachment=85861:IMAG0365.jpg]

And here in this picture you can see my previous head... Ampeg svt-av which was amazing... just too heavy for my scrawny arms haha

[attachment=85862:30090_10...034483_n.jpg]

Well I've just turned 18 & been playing bass for just about 1 & half years, now.
This was my first bass, off ebay £45.
Not sure what it is, tbh. just labelled as an SX Bass, from the SX Bass Collection. To be honest I haven't done much researching, but its lasted me very well.

[attachment=85890:PICT1529.JPG]
It says SX, licensed by Bass Collection
[attachment=85891:PICT1522.JPG]

Got this bass for my birthday, Ibanez GSR200
[attachment=85889:PICT1521.JPG]

Also in above picture my Pre-2004 Ashdown Blue Electric 180w combo. Another buy from about a year ago off ebay. :)
Also on top of the amp is my Zoom B1X Bass effects pedal, £25 new off ebay aswell.
Its done me well for school concerts in a jazz band and a few gigs in and around my area.
Been wanting to upgrade rigs for a while, but unsure of manufacturer/model/etc.

Edited by argm