Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN: Genzler Magellan 800 mint, boxed Now £595 ono
£675
Cleethorpes/London

Skinnyman

Edit: Seems like there’s no interest in this fantastic amp so I’m going to keep hold of it for a while longer  

I bought this new from Bass Direct last summer but since then we've moved away from a traditional backline and i now DI into the PA system.

As a result, I'm downsizing my rig. The Bergantino 12's have gone and I'm not giving this brilliant amp the use it deserves and so it should go too.

Condition is mint. I've used it at home a few times and it's been to a couple of rehearsals and one gig.

I have the box and all the instructions, mains lead, etc so it will be repackaged as it came to me.

I'm not really looking for trades but I'm open to ideas so let me know what you've got and I'll consider it.

I come down to London on a fairly regular basis so I can meet up anywhere along the A1 from Leeds down....

Or you're welcome to drop in to Skinny Towers besides the seaside and try it out for yourself. The kettles always on.

I would prefer collection or one of those shady-looking meets in a pub car park somewhere but I can courier if required (UK mainland only) for an extra £15.

The Magellan has a great reputation but for those who aren't familiar with it, here's the specs and pictures (note: Barefaced One10 not included!)

Built for the demands of professional touring, the MAGELLAN™ 800 circuitry is housed in a classy, yet rugged aircraft-grade, brushed aluminium chassis with a sleek custom extruded front panel.

•The dual channel design features:

•Clean Channel – Pristine and Articulate (switchable with standard 1/4” latching footswitch)

•Drive Channel – Voiced for a More Driven Tonal Signature and Harmonic Texture

•Dual-Curve Variable Contour Circuitry

•Curve A -- Classic to Modern -- Mid Scoop Curve

•Curve B -- Thicker to Vintage -- Low-Mid Bump w/Tapered Top End

•Flat Position -- Full Bypass

•Active 3 Band EQ w/Parametric Mid Control

•Signal Mute Switch

•Input Pad Switch

•Thermal Sensing Variable Speed Fan Cooling

•Brushed All Aluminium, Anodised Chassis

•2.67 Ohm Min. Total Load

•Output: 400W/8 Ohms, 800W/4 Ohms and 800W/2.67 Ohms

•Dimensions: 11.25”W X 10.5”D X 3”HIMG_20200121_131915.thumb.jpg.f8380636f9fec96a3500b5040696b279.jpg

IMG_20200121_131932.thumb.jpg.b91a22e7f3e2514622627b6792a4926d.jpg

•Weight: 6.25 Lbs 2.8kg

Edited by Skinnyman
Price drop
  • Like 1

One of the most versatile and HEFTY sounding class D amps on the planet, the drive channel is sublime for a smooth, creamy, warm, low gain drive sound. I love mine so much that I also bought the baby 350 watt version too. 

And @Skinnyman is a wonderful human being too. What more could you ask for? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Osiris said:

One of the most versatile and HEFTY sounding class D amps on the planet, the drive channel is sublime for a smooth, creamy, warm, low gain drive sound. I love mine so much that I also bought the baby 350 watt version too. 

And @Skinnyman is a wonderful human being too. What more could you ask for? 

Thanks George 😁

The cheque's in the post 😉

• Thanks 1

• MB1 locked this topic