Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Ant. 200watt pedalboard amp for £299

dave_bass5

1 hour ago, tauzero said:

beer hurling itself sideways with sufficient velocity to place a sufficient quantity of it on the PCB

1 hour ago, dave_bass5 said:

Who says so and why not? 

Beer has it's own way of hurtling sideways, so I refer you both to the great and almighty authority that is beer. I am merely beer's humble emissary.

If your pedal board does not hang around with beer then you have no fear. This product may well be the duck's nuts for you.

Since many pedal boards do hang out with beer and the vents are not obvious at first glance I think it's a valid point to raise.

1 hour ago, Downunderwonder said:

Beer has it's own way of hurtling sideways, so I refer you both to the great and almighty authority that is beer. I am merely beer's humble emissary.

If your pedal board does not hang around with beer then you have no fear. This product may well be the duck's nuts for you.

Since many pedal boards do hang out with beer and the vents are not obvious at first glance I think it's a valid point to raise.

TBH, I'd be more worried about treading on the knobs - either me or someone else.

One advantage of monitors over silent stage if you're playing crowded pubs with no raised stage is that they can be used to form a sort of barrier to offer some protection to floor-mounted equipment. See also music stands.

1 hour ago, tauzero said:

playing crowded pubs with no raised stage

I am amazed none of the singers I have worked with have had their teeth broken in that scenario. Even a raised stage is no guarantee. The better places recognise the hazard and have a corral fence across the front. Monitors are overkill and the PA is simply stage right and stage left angled across for double duty.

The 200w of the Ant is plenty to rock the house, best left back on the cab.

My cab is a beverage free zone. Anything there after the first warning is disappeared so even drummers quickly learn.