Why become a member? ×

Hello from Bristol

JimmyN2

Hi folks,  been playing for a few years now.  These days mainly but not exclusively in the Jazz world. 
As I’ve got older my amps have got smaller and lighter, currently a Markbass cmd121p which is amazing. Playing a very nice Rick with Thomasik flats but thinking about an EUB. 
Oh and I’m left handed. 

Edited by JimmyN2

Hi @JimmyN2 - from just across the water, in South Wales

Yes, I found that my amps had to get lighter and lighter as time has marched on
Lighter and more compact... even better. I often double up, with bass guitar and upright - so weight and bulk are ever more important to me

Happy search for an EUB. They are mostly quite different beasts to acoustic upright basses
And the search for that elusive "Magic" EUB can be frustrating at times, but also fun, and something of an adventure :) 

I'm left handed too - BUT, I play right handed instruments. Funnily enough, I thought I was pretty unique on this matter
Turns out though, that there are quite a few bassists and guitarists who do the same!
I also know several violin players who are left handed - because they have never even seen a left handed violin :o

Welcome to BC matey :) 

EDIT: PS - I also meant to say, I really like Bristol, and get there from time to time. Great place!

Edited by Marc S

Thanks for your warm welcome Marc. I play left handed for reasons you’ll see in my profile but I hope to get an Ibanez EUB 804. They don’t do a left handed version so I’ll probably try to play it as it is. 
One of the benefits of being a lefty is that you can usually visualise a mirror image easily, so muscle memory, or lack of it, won’t be a problem (only speed but I’ll get there with practice).

I tried the UB804 in PMT last year and found its sound very pleasing and rather more DB sounding than others I’ve tried. 

• 3 weeks later...