Why become a member? ×

Sandberg VM5 - Black Label Pickups - SOLD
£1000
High Wycombe

Prime

I really don't want to sell this bass, but needs must. It's the best feeling bass I've ever played, and picking it up makes me very regretful for listing it. However, I rarely use it outside of home and it deserves better.

Purchased from Wunjo's mid last year, have upgraded the pickups to Sandberg's incredible Black Label set. It has had a full set up, and some fret work done around the 12th fret as it wasn't 100% from new.

It is also very light, even for sandberg's standards. I don't have accurate scales but your back will be happy.

Collection preferred, but I can post at buyers risk/expense.

Not interested in trades, but could be tempted with 5 string Dingwalls or Warwicks.

20200121_005931.jpg

20200121_005939.jpg

20200121_010002.jpg

20200121_010111.jpg

20200121_010121.jpg

20200121_010206.jpg

Edited by Prime
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, adamg67 said:

Nice, is it 34” scale? And what strings is it wearing?

34" scale and it's currently got 45 - 135 Daddario Nickle Roundwounds, though I usually run 40 - 125 Prosteels. This bass has a REALLY good B string, it was one of the reasons why I decided to buy it after trying it. 

Edited by Prime

9 minutes ago, adamg67 said:

Sorry, thought of more questions... presumably as it's a VM it's volume, blend and 2 band eq, active or passive, and the tone control works when it's passive?

Exactly! The preamp is very powerful and colours the tone a bit (even with flat eq it seems to add just a bit of growl.) I found that the treble control is extremely musical sounding, it adds clarity and bite without getting abrasive. Even in passive mode the bass is very high output and aggressive, but the Black Label pickups have such a smooth and balanced sound that it works very very well in most styles.

• MB1 locked this topic