Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton 800b

andy67

1 hour ago, andy67 said:

Reading through it makes me wan't to buy it then not then  yippeee and then awww no!

Andy.  It's not the easiest info,those folks are really looking to mod from the outset.

What I took from it was the unit is built from solid dependable components. Things took the usual road when folks buy cheaper goodies,instead of just using them they go looking for faults. 9/10 what they find aren't faults but things omitted for deign/budget reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kodiakblair said:

Things took the usual road when folks buy cheaper goodies,instead of just using them they go looking for faults. 9/10 what they find aren't faults but things omitted for deign/budget reasons.

Goodness me that is well expressed. That should be a sticky above every thread discussing lower priced gear. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I looked at it, but went with the Bugera Veyron instead with absolutely no regrets. I don't know how good the HB is, but the Veyron takes a lot of beating, and it's cheaper. 

Definitely interested in the veyron :D

13 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Andy.  It's not the easiest info,those folks are really looking to mod from the outset.

What I took from it was the unit is built from solid dependable components. Things took the usual road when folks buy cheaper goodies,instead of just using them they go looking for faults. 9/10 what they find aren't faults but things omitted for deign/budget reasons.

You are absolutely right on that. I guess some of those looking at it are techy geeky dudes wanting to find ways of making the cheap expensive. Was a very interesting read nonetheless. 

• Like 1