Why become a member? ×

For Sale - Godin A4 Ultra Fretted ***SOLD***
£550
Southend

Frank Blank

For Sale - Godin A4 Ultra Fretted ***SOLD***

I ordered this bass in from Canada via PMT and I purchased it there in February 2017. It received a Pro Setup at Guitar Technical Services mid-March 2017 (invoice for work in the gigbag). It has had regular six monthly check ups at GTS ever since (apart from a brief sojourn when I sold it to a fellow Bass Chatter who in turn put it up for sale at Bass Direct, from where I purchased it back! It was checked over at GTS on the way back from Bass Direct and has been back on its six monthly checks ever since).

It’s just the best acoustic bass you can get in my humble opinion. It has a few small dings on the back (see pics) but otherwise at this price it’s a steal. I despise instruments sitting unplayed and as I mostly play short scales now this is nog getting played, I’d much rather someone was actually using it! Comes with fitted Godin gigbag and I’ll throw in my heavy duty leather strap too. Any questions just ask, no trades thanks. Here is the bumf from Godin...

The A4 Ultra SA semi-acoustic bass features more sonic possibilities than ever before with the addition of a Low Profile Lace Sensor electric pickup and side-mounted volume and tone controls.

Other features include: Custom Godin electronics with individual saddle transducers in the bridge, Custom preamp voiced specifically for the A4 Ultra SA, as well as a ¼” output and 13-pin capabilities for computer and synth access. Incredible acoustic bass sounds are available through the ¼” output jack and controlling your tone is made easy with the Custom Godin Preamp. The two-chambered body design found in all of the A-Series instruments is also found in the A4 Ultra. This design resists feedback as well as the negative effects that loud stage levels can have on top vibration.

Here is the link to the A4 Ultra page on Godin’s website.

Here is a link to the A4 Ultra factsheet/manual pdf.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Ashwood1985 said:

Thanks man, I may do.

I’m having a kind of battle in my head atm about what kind of bass I need vs ones I want!

We’ll see 🙄

Whether it’s me or someone else I’m sure it’ll move in good time as it’s a lovely bass!

In my case the battle was short and painless, soon becoming abject surrender :)

Good price, too! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Does this mean you already have one?

Unfortunately I have absolutely no need of one at the moment, Frank, otherwise I'd have been knocking on your door last night :) 

• Haha 1

• ped locked this topic