Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II SB Special-II **SOLD**
£280
Lichfield, Staffs

Shepster8316

Aria Pro II SB Special-II in good nick considering it's from 1984, or at least I think it is looking at the serial No (first digit) ....... It's not a 74 or 94 model before someone points out they recycled Ser Nos every ten years). Usual scratches and marks that you'd expect to find on a bass this age. If you're one of those who for some reason only buys immaculate condition basses that have never been played or out the house, then this isn't for you 🙂

Plays great with all the electronics and switches working as they should.  Recently set up with Roto SS Rounds and the colour of it meant lots of reflections 🙂 

These were made out of ash from what I understand, so not lightweight 🙂 

No daft offers please, as I'm not desperate to sell, and happy to post it at your cost in an old gig-bag in a guitar transit box

IMG_E0427.JPG

IMG_E0428.JPG

IMG_E0429.JPG

IMG_E0430.JPG

IMG_E0431.JPG

IMG_E0432.JPG

IMG_E0434.JPG

Edited by Shepster8316
Add weight.

GLWTS.

It is an '84. I had one in the late 80's 'til I stupidly sold it in the early 90's. One of the few basses I regret selling. From my research, they only appear to have been made between '83 & '84 as one of the "entry" SB models.

Saw this on FB last night. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Passive at 34" scale.  Other controls?  Here we go:

The large toggle-switch is the pickup selector - Neck/Both/Bridge.

Stack control (near centre) - Neck pickup Vol & Tone.

Stack control (near bridge) - Bridge pickup Vol & Tone.

The mini-toggle switches are for each pickup for what Aria called their 'Dual Sound', but known to us as Series/Parallel.

My understanding is that if the pickup selector is in the central position (both pickups) then only one of the 'Dual Sound' mini toggle-switches will operate affecting both pickups........ but I may be wrong and open to input from those with better Aria knowledge (I'm a Precision man normally, so not many controls to worry about) 🙂 

• Shepster8316 changed the title to **REDUCED TO £230** Aria Pro II SB Special-II
  • Shepster8316 changed the title to Aria Pro II SB Special-II **SOLD**