Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Alembic Hard Case - small bodied standard short-scale - £60
£80
Manchester

I have a used Alembic hard case from around 2008.  It is designed to fit a small bodied standard bass (short-scale).  There are external marks and scuffs from a decade of gigging, though the case remains strong and robust and the plush-lined foam is entirely intact.  All the latches work, though the right hand latch retaining spring (the spring that holds the lock-up when open) is non-operational.  The only other minor issues are that the studded closure tab for the accessories compartment door is missing as are the keys for the case.  The cases are made by G&G for Alembic and are incredibly expensive when new (around £350 I think).  It may fit a Gibson SG, EB0 or EB3 though I can't be sure of this.  Collection in Manchester is good or I can ship (by sticking a shipping note to the outside of the case - I don't have a box).  The case looks shiny in the second image, though this is simply because I'd wiped over the dust with a damp cloth.  Possibly a long-shot on BC but worth a try - the case will be advertised on Alembic Club too.  Price is £60 collected but I can ship to the UK and Europe at cost.  Any questions, please just ask.

Update - I've had a look at this and it would probably be possible (fairly easily) to remove/adjust the foam body insert.  If somebody wished to do this, then the case would fit a wider range of basses - it's fairly long so will take a 34" scale bass.  However, I just tried it with a Precision and it won't accommodate the top horn.  You'll see from the images that the case has an extended accessories compartment - this extends around an inch too far to permit insertion of a P!  It's designed to fit something like an Alembic Stanley Clarke model with the wide but short body - removing the body-fit foam would leave a reasonably large body space but not a long one (for the top horn at least). 

.IMG_2994.jpg.37e4e943979567abafba26b2f6471297.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

Edited by three

• 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic