Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Cover or Roqsolid Cover?

thebrig

Just got myself a Barefaced Super Twin and want to get a cover for it, but the Barefaced covers are extremely expensive being twice the price of the equivalent Roqsolid cover.

Anyone have experienced of both, how do they compare?

I've had both and currently have the BF cover on mine.  The BF ones have more padding, are stiffer and offer more protection.  They also have 'Barefaced' written on the side that covers the grill so you know which way round they go :)   The Roqsolid ones fold down easier and keep the weather off but offer little protection, although you can get one with a pouch that allows a sheet of something stiff to be slid into place to protect the grill.

Depends what you want it to do really and whether you have steel or cloth grill?  I have the steel grill, which is pretty hard wearing and will take some knocks, so I mainly need a cover to keep the weather off when loading in or out at gigs and was perfectly happy with the Roqsolid ones.  It just so happens that my latest acquisitions were secondhand and both came with the BF covers. 

5 minutes ago, Paul S said:

I've had both and currently have the BF cover on mine.  The BF ones have more padding, are stiffer and offer more protection.  They also have 'Barefaced' written on the side that covers the grill so you know which way round they go :)   The Roqsolid ones fold down easier and keep the weather off but offer little protection, although you can get one with a pouch that allows a sheet of something stiff to be slid into place to protect the grill.

Depends what you want it to do really and whether you have steel or cloth grill?  I have the steel grill, which is pretty hard wearing and will take some knocks, so I mainly need a cover to keep the weather off when loading in or out at gigs and was perfectly happy with the Roqsolid ones.  It just so happens that my latest acquisitions were secondhand and both came with the BF covers. 

Thanks for the info Paul, I think I might go for the Roqsolid because its really just to give it a little bit of protection between the car and the venue

Roqsolid are fine for moderate protection, such as carrying stuff in from the car. The nicest fabric covers I've bought were from Hot Covers. I got a pair made for some PA speakers and they were excellent - tough, thickly padded and fitted perfectly. They weren't cheap, but you get what you pay for.

I have barefaced covers for mine and they look exactly the same as the Hotcovers ones  that I later bought for my JC120 and PB Briefcase. Plus you can have your own logo put on the cover too. The Black 600D Canvas ones seem the most hardwearing. They don't list barefaced but If you gave the measurements I'm sure they could knock one for you or just use the barefaced template if they are the same company that makes the barefaced ones. 

https://www.hotcovers.co.uk

12 hours ago, jazzyvee said:

I have barefaced covers for mine and they look exactly the same as the Hotcovers ones  that I later bought for my JC120 and PB Briefcase. Plus you can have your own logo put on the cover too. The Black 600D Canvas ones seem the most hardwearing. They don't list barefaced but If you gave the measurements I'm sure they could knock one for you or just use the barefaced template if they are the same company that makes the barefaced ones. 

https://www.hotcovers.co.uk

They look decent quality but I've already ordered one from Barefaced