40hz

Fender Japan Marcus Miller Jazz Bass
£825
Shipston on Stour

Hello all!

Up for sale is my recently acquired Japanese Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass in borderline mint condition. I just cannot wean myself off my Modulus Flea, so this is too nice a bass to have sat around not being played. 

Serial Number dates it to 2006-2008.

I'll have to find some scales to weigh it properly, but it's very lightweight for one of these. The other two I've played have been anchors. Weight on my scales is 9lbs 4oz but bizarrely it really feels a lot lighter than this.

2 band active EQ (with freshly installed battery) with active/passive switch. Does the whole super jazz thing to a T, with a balls to the wall slap tone.

Frets are in great condition. Truss rod works. Set-up is low and buzz free.

Cosmetically it's superb for a 14 year old bass. There is one 'tiny' unnoticeable ding on the upper bout and some slight tarnishing on the tuners but nothing else to report.

Comes with a hardcase (in superb condition) and straplocks.

Only thing I would consider trade wise is a Warwick Thumb 4 BO with a very slight cash adjustment my way depending on condition. Would also consider a 50's Classic Series P-Bass (no sunburst) with cash adjustment my way.

As always with me, cash on collection (sorry I won't post) or happy to meet up within a large radius to myself here on the Warwickshire/Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire border, or even deliver for petrol costs.

No offers or lowballers please. I'm not in any kind of a rush to sell.

Thanks for looking!

Si.

IMG_20200118_115412102_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20200118_115431188_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20200118_115446552_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20200118_115718501~2.jpg

IMG_20200118_115510082.jpg

IMG_20200118_115148794~3.jpg

IMG_20200118_115222599.jpg

IMG_20200118_114904858.jpg

IMG_20200118_115547117.jpg

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FDC484950
      For sale is my lovely Fender Precision Bass. It’s made in Japan and serial number dates it to approx 1988/1990 and was made in the Fujigen plant.
      It’s light (approx 3.7Kgs) and looks like a basswood body with maple neck and a lovely slab of rosewood with dark stripes for the fingerboard. Neck has a nice vintage tint to it.
      It sounds fabulous and has a resonance and depth that’s comparable with vintage P-basses and is a sheer joy to play. I tried this out in a shop with 7-8 other p basses, some Japanese, some US and a couple of 70’s models and this was head and shoulders above the lot. I’m only selling as I’m a 5-6 string player and miss the B string pickup test!
      Front and rear are in good condition but the bottom edge is a bit roadworn. There are also some lacquer cracks around the neck but expected with a 30-year old bass. It really does have a vintage vibe!
      Hardware is fine - however jack socket is a bit crackly and probably needs replacing. Minimal fret wear and neck is nice and straight. It comes with Hipshot Ultralite lollipop tuners. If I get the asking price they’re included - if not I will restore the stock tuners (which work fine but add about 300g extra to the headstock).
      Collection only on this as there I no case with the bass. No trades please.

• By loremil
      Lovely Sire V7 2nd generation fretless in olympic white. Low action, slim and straight neck and loads of fretless mwhaaa. Bought in June 2019 and in perfect condition.

Currently strung with D’Addario XL rounds, but happy to provide the original D’Addario flats the bass came with.

It got me hooked on fretless and I’m upgrading, hence the sell.
      Collection in London only, please. Thanks for looking!

• By DogHammer
      For sale is my Sire P7. £300 £250.
      Great bass with an 18v pre-amp. Selling due to having too many basses now and need to thin the herd, its one of these:
      https://www.thomann.de/gb/marcus_miller_p7_swamp_ash_4_wb_lh_2nd_gen.htm
      In absolutely perfect condition apart from the following:
      There is an issue with the main Volume/Tone knob where it has taken a knock and may need replacement pot but I am unsure. It works fine but you need both hands to turn both of the stacked sections. Someone with some technical savvy may be able to sort it very easily. < Due to this issue the price is lowered. 
      Will look into delivery pricing @ DHL or another courier once sale is confirmed. If you are looking to pick up or want to come and see the bass for yourself I am located in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. 

• By simonroberts788
      This is the nicest P bass I've ever had and it trounces any modern Fender in terms of looks, feel and tone. The body is lightweight at under 4 kg and the neck has a gorgeous dark Brazilian rosewood fingerboard on beautiful yellowy maple that is visually excellent but feels well worn in after 38 years of playing. The neck is pencil dated 11 .1. 1982 and it has the original reverse tuners, which hold their tuning perfectly but are visually a bit tarnished and creak a wee bit when you're changing strings. This bass has been played and played and played and feels totally worn in with all the mojo. The body has a gorgeous old-style sunburst where the red and black have faded a bit in the sun, there's plenty of edge wear but the top is clean. The neck is tight in the neck pocket and I added a thin card shim to get the best action. The back of the body has a gouge by the neck plate a few other marks and lines in the finish. The tortoiseshell pickguard is the original one and looks amazing - it's shrunk a bit in a couple of places like the old ones do but it fits good overall. There are some added screw holes under the guard where the previous owner added a different guard. The pickup is the original one in a newer casing as the original one cracked (I still have it) and has just had one of its bobbins rewound by Bare Knuckle pickups so it's back to factory spec. The ground is soldered to the original copper shielding plate in the pickup cavity. The tone is thick and punchy but retains all the definition, drives the amp well and goes all Motown when you roll the tone off - ultimate P bass tone. Unfortunately. the previous owner lost the neck plate with the JV serial number when he tried a jazz neck on it (just bonkers huh?) so the bass comes with a similar one from a Vester bass. I thought about buying a replacement JV neck plate but that felt a bit wrong so I'm leaving it as is. A new blank plate is a few quid on ebay. The bridge is a more modern replacement although I have the original bridge with the threaded saddles but the outer two grub screws are seized meaning you can't get the outer string's action right. There's an extra two screw holes under the bridge where someone must have experimented with another bridge. The knobs look like they're more modern versions with slightly domed tops rather than the flat tops. Again these are a few quid on ebay. All in all this is a fantastic bass with tons of vintage mojo and it just oozes class from every viewpoint. It looks, sounds and feels as close as you can get to a vintage early 70s bass but without the £3k price tag. I'm gutted to have to sell it as this was supposed to be a keeper but bills are piling up. A perfect example would be over a grand so someone will get a great deal here. Comes with a good gig bag. I'm down in Cornwall but would be happy to meet on the M5 somewhere for a quick sale. I'm open to different options and can ship if necessary.

• By knirirr
      I swapped the body on a bass I bought here; I don't think I'm likely to swap it back, particularly as this one is white and the modified instrument is now used as my main jam session bass. So, just in case it's useful to anyone else (highly unlikely, I know ;-), I thought I'd list it here. Price does not include postage, and it might take me a while to find a suitable box. Bridge and scratchplate included.
      The original neck was a WD music one, BTW.