Why become a member? ×

Facebook Marketplace v BC v eBay

lownote

2 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

you are right of course, but you could take adverts like most other sites, I wouldn't mind if they weren't too intrusive, trouble is like free music in pubs, we've got used to forums being free

I think there are adverts, at least there’s a little box that says advert. I use Adblock so don’t see the content.

I see paying my subs as a worthy subscription to a great forum that, to be quite honest I would be lost without. The fact that paying the subscription allows me to sell items in the marketplace (of which I have sold many) is a bonus.

BC is the only form of social media I partake in and it has been a great release/escape for me, particularly over the past couple of years.

Keep up the good work guys 👍

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just a note re. ads on Basschat: if you stay logged in, you get fewer ads on your screen, and AFAIK all of them are music-related and non-intrusive. I have Adblock Plus installed but disabled on Basschat, and I don't find the ads a nuisance in any way. I'm currently in a waiting lounge at LAX airport and only see one ad for the Manchester Bass Show - none of your silly Google-imposed, localised ads. 👍

On the other hand, I must have reported as spam hundreds of Facebook ads in the last couple of months - they really pop up every other 'normal' post and are horrid. So I either report them as spam, or as fake news, or as offensive, but mostly spam, because that forces FB to create a 'case' for each report - in other words, it's compelled to take note, even if it doesn't take action.

Edited by Silvia Bluejay
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

No adverts for me. Its ruining FB for me. I'm fed up reporting them. I was getting adverts every 2nd post on FB. Almost at the point of packing it in. If adverts happen on here i'll be out.

Dave

Dave. Use FB Purity,it's some extension thing blocks ads,newsfeeds and other guff they throw at you. I been using it couple of year with no problems and no ads 👍

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

Dave. Use FB Purity,it's some extension thing blocks ads,newsfeeds and other guff they throw at you. I been using it couple of year with no problems and no ads 👍

What and where is FB Purity. Is it on the FB page or do i need to google and download it ?

Is rather not sell anything than let Mark Zuckerberg harvest my data to sell to anyone willing to pay for it.  One day he'll be president of something and those that did are going to regret helping him get there and allowing him to make money along the way.

Edited by Bassfinger
  • Like 1

The main difference in my opinion is that you get a lot more time wasters and tyre kickers on Facebook than anything else. I've cleared a bit of gear recently, advertising here, gumtree and fb and and it has mostly sold through facebook so it seems to be the preferred method at the moment but you do get a lot more enquiries that lead to nothing.

• Like 1