Why become a member? ×

The 'Talkbass web server issues' thread

donkelley

Haha...hello Stranger

Well I dropped in here this morning for the same reason and also found Talkbass posted in Facebook

Anyway...Look down this forum and someone started a thread on this subject

Hopefully we will be back in action sooooooooon

• Like 1

Wonder how the lyrics to Talky Bass (Goes Down) go.

When I was googling furiously last year trying to educate myself, I found that the vast majority of useful results were talkbass threads. It's a lot more pleasant than some other forums I've belonged to, and I found that the worst end of the spectrum of behaviour there vanished after only a handful of clicks of the ignore button. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, alaskaleftybass said:

Yes, they announced that there was a fire in the server complex, and they're working on restoring the equipment and it should be up and running "in a couple days." 

I thought all this stuff was now so distributed that a fire in a single location couldn't knock it out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

I thought all this stuff was now so distributed that a fire in a single location couldn't knock it out.

It depends if they have ponied up to have presence across multiple data centers. Such distributions, especially where a database is involved, can get very costly, very quickly. And these costs are usually preferred to be profit in the site owners pockets... because you know, computer stuff never goes wrong. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jus Lukin said:

I've heard that ped sent the boys round to be a bit 'clumsy' with their cigarette butts. The next few days are crucial- while the other outfit are in damage limitation mode we're out sticking flags in disputed turf. It won't be a complete coup, but it's a hell of a power grab.

TELEMMGLPICT000248114888_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Pictures just in from outside Talkbass HQ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4