Why become a member? ×

The 'Talkbass web server issues' thread

donkelley

2 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

I'm drowning in photos, and slowly sorting them out. I'll be writing my blogs, but before then, I'll find a few to post on here. :)

Rickenbacker's booth is the same style as previously, with the basses hanging from brackets.  A good number of of 5-stringer models and lots of lefty models.

Stingrays must be very popular indeed, as their stand is always extremely busy and not conducive to good photos!

Warwick has a large booth organised in several different areas, which makes it easier to photograph bit by bit, and are making a big song and dance about Sadowsky, as you would expect.

Watch this space. :)

Apologies for derailing the thread. 😏

Nope my fault - I derailed it 😧

Look forward to your posts, thank you 👍😊

Edited by drTStingray
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

For anyone missing it, the Talkbass answer to the question you were going to ask, no matter what question it was, is P bass, tort guard and flats.

I thought it was 'FFS do a search'

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Sorry, probably my fault. I said I was not American and did not think Fender were the greatest in the world. :D

To  be fair I am a member there; specifically following the owners threads for my equipment. They are pretty good threads as people like Sheldon Dingwall, Jim Bergantino and Alex (Barefaced and a member here also) do contribute pretty constantly to their specific owners threads. Agedhorse (Mesa and a member here) also participates on the Mesa owners thread.

We are so sorry for the massive outage we are experiencing. The datacenter where we are hosted suffered a catastrophic power outage. A routine load test of a generator caused a fire, fire suppression systems, and the fire department cutting power to the complex.
We are awaiting word on whether our servers are affected by water damage and at that time will determine whether to spin up new servers at a different location, and restore from backups.
Again we are so sorry for the outage. Rest assured we do have automatic offsite backups and will do all we can to get back online with the shortest disruption possible
🙁
Paul

55m  · 

Datacenter is still waiting on city inspector to give the green light to power up. Still, a lot of servers will require manual inspection for water damage. They spent all night cleaning and drying.
Sorry cannot give a solid eta at this point. Ready for some scales? Get out those axes! 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doctor J said:

For anyone missing it, the Talkbass answer to the question you were going to ask, no matter what question it was, is P bass, tort guard and flats.

One of the hot topics when I looked in yesterday was “I put roundwounds back on my P and I’d forgotten how great they are”. Meltdown assured?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, nilebodgers said:

LOL. I have noticed that whenever I post over there I never get replies, I thought it was just me :scratch_one-s_head:

Well...I will always reply if I see a post by Nilebodgers...one of my favobrit Guitarbists

Le Freak

• Haha 5