Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Warmoth PJ Bass - Sandberg Black Label / Hipshot Hardware / Noll Electrics - Transparent Purple
£2000
Munich/Germany

DanTM

Hello there !

So I fell in love with a Sandberg which I've already ordered and since I am not Richie Rich I need to sell something to raise the funds for this aka live in peace with the mother of my children.

I have to admit that this move is stupid since it burns the money I've spent in the blink of an eye but the love for the Sandberg is so strong ..... I don't care.

Up for sale is the Warmoth PJ project that has just been finished and is built from only highclass parts. So far has been played on for maybe 3 hours so it is like new !

Warmoth Custom Body
Model: Chambered P Bass®
Orientation: Right handed
Scale: 34"
Wood: Flame Maple on Mahogany
Contours: Contoured Heel / Tummy Cut / Forearm Contour
Battery Box: No Battery Box Rout
Top Finish: Transparent Purple
Back Finish: Transparent Purple
Finish Type: Satin Finish

Warmoth Custom Neck
Style: J Bass®
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood/Hals: Roasted Flame Maple
Fingerboard/Griffbrett Wood: Ebony
Nut Width: 1-1/2" (38mm)
Fret Size/Bünde: 6150
Tuner Ream: BML (17.5mm)
Radius: 10"
Scale: 34"
Fret #: 21
Pre-Cut Installed String Nut/Sattel: GraphTech Black TUSQ XL - Standard Nut
Inlays: Cream Face Dots
Side Dots: White Side Dots
Stiffening Rods:Standard Steel Rods

I put several layers of TruOil on the neck and put one seal of wax on it in the end - Feels just awesome and looks amazing !

Tuners: HipShot UltraLite
Bridge: HipShot Style A Aluminium Bridge
Pickups: Sandberg Black Label
Electrics: Noll TCM 4 XM (B 2083) - Runs with 2 x 9 Volt batteries = 18 V for more headroom
Potis: 3 x Tandem
Pins: Schaller Security Locks
String retainer: Sandberg

At the moment it is set up for D Standard --> DGCF

4,5 KG

This baby was put together by a professional luthier in Germany (Acys Guitar Lounge). It received the best treatment and all the routings and the electric cavity was shielded professionally.

This is what it cost me:
Pickups: 230 EUR
Bridge: 130 EUR
Electrics inkl. Potis: 200 EUR
Body and Neck incl. shipping and all taxes: 1500 EUR
Tuners: 145 EUR
Security Locks: 20 EUR
Luthier costs to put it together professionally: 630 EUR

In total: 2.855 EUR

I put it up for sale for WITHDRAWN

... shipping to anywhere within the European Union
... standard Sandberg Gigbag
... higher insurance

I am not interested in a trade

You can play and pick it up in Munich/Germany and pay in cash if you want to. You can also pay by bank transfer (You cover the transfer costs) or by PayPal (Family & Friends only)

If you want to I can make more pictures.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

noll.jpg

Edited by DanTM
Withdrawn
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, cLepto-bass said:

Lovely stuff.

Out of interest, where did you source the Sandberg Black Labels? 

Hey ! I ordered this set from "Rockinger" which is a famous online store over here in Germany. As almost every other store they did not have this set in stock so they had to order it from Sandberg. I am not sure why but most stores only have the 2xMM style set or 2xJ style set available.

• Thanks 1

On 29/01/2020 at 17:42, scrumpymike said:

GLWTS - that is a thing of real beauty!

Thank you. This Bass is not just a beauty looks wise but also sound wise. (Which of course lies in the eye of the beholder)

The combination of this Noll system and the hum free Sandberg Black Label Pickups is not just extremely versatile but also very strong. You can get all sounds from very dark and muddy stoner sounds to popping slap sounds.

I only considered selling it because I thought that I would easily get the funds I need for the Sandberg Nighthawk Plus that I already ordered but it seems that people are not willing to spend as much money for an extremely high quality Warmoth built killer bass as they are willing to spend for a good but pretty standard USA made Fender/Gibson/you name it instrument.

Maybe I have to sell my Sandberg VM2 bass instead. Of course I could not ask as much as I am asking for this Warmoth but I think it is easier to sell as it has a "name" on the Headstock ;)

Edited by DanTM
X

• MB1 locked this topic