Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky Metro Express RV5 Olympic White
£1575
Birmingham

4 candles

Howdy Basschatters.   

Due to a looming tax Bill,   I'm afraid that I need to raise some funds quick smart....

Purchased new in October 2019 after a very long wait its everything I expected and more.  I have owned a number of Sadowsky basses previously and this is easily as good,  as a Metro and much lighter in weight.  

5 string bass in classic Olympic white/Tort.  I've played this on a handfull of gigs and its in superb condition and has been kept in the sadowsky soft/hard case that comes with the bass when not in use.  Super lightweight and fantastic super jazz.  Plenty of reviews online.  I will include a copy of the receipt so that you have the warantee etc.

Collection from Birmingham preferred,  

I do travel extensively around the country so there is a chance I can deliver on route possibly,  or would be willing to meet half way etc.  I'm happy to work something out. 

after a recent issue with a courier I'm not really keen to post but if its a deal breaker then I'm sure we can come to some arrangement at the buyers risk.  

I'm not looking for trades sorry, Its cash I need to pay the taxman.

Looking for £1575.00

These are retailing for £1899.99 so I'm offering a saving of nearly £325 on a new one.

I'm more than happy to provide any more details, photo's etc

Thanks for looking

Here's the fluff.......

The MetroExpress is made in Japan to Roger Sadowsky’s exacting standards under the supervision of Yoshi Kikuchi. Roger and Yoshi began working together in 1993, when Yoshi started a year-long internship at the Sadowsky NYC shop. In 2003, when Roger set out to launch his first line of affordable basses, Yoshi recruited a team of veterans from the Japanese guitar industry to set up a shop in Japan to produce the MetroLine series. Fifteen years and 10,000 basses later, Roger and Yoshi have established the MetroLine as the premier line of basses made in Japan.

Due to the overwhelming success of the MetroLine series, Roger chose to forge a relationship with one of the top factories in Japan to produce an even more affordable instrument. Roger and Yoshi spent the last 18 months working with the factory’s production manager, challenging him to make a bass worthy of the Sadowsky name. The result is the MetroExpress, your fastest way to a new Sadowsky!

Specification

• Solid alder body and a morado fingerboard
  • Durable poly finish on the body and sleek nitro finish on the neck
  • Graphite strips in the neck dramatically reduce dead spots and create a more even response on every note
  • Classic Sadowsky Treble and Bass boost pre-amp with true bypass switch
  • Controls: master vol, pickup blend, treble roll-off (VTC) with pre-amp bypass, bass boost, treble boost
  • Sadowsky Jazz pickups, strings, and hardware
  • Weight is 8.5 pounds according to my scales

20200115_150738.jpg

20200115_150853.jpg

20200115_150809.jpg

20200115_150747.jpg

20200115_150744.jpg

20200115_150847.jpg

20200115_150902.jpg

• Like 4