Why become a member? ×

New EBS head - 802

Graham

Still using my HD350. Love it. Had it for years. Simple to use and sounds perfect.

Had a 360,  when my first 350, which I got second hand after the previous 10 owners had finished battering it, had a fault , but sent it back as the changes they made didn't float my boat and they let me have (apparently ) the last 350 on the shelf.

I think they got it so right the first time round that they shot themselves in the foot. I mean upgrade what exactly? The 350 , my 2p worth , doesnt need any improving. I really can't see myself changing from a 350 if this one dies (which is unlikely cause they are nails) unless it's so obsolete that I can't find one.

• 2 months later...
On 16/01/2020 at 22:09, EBS_freak said:

remember volume isn’t measured in Watts

😁

Keep getting ads on Facebook by EBS 😁 I am on my third HD350. I had one and wandered off to Class D with a Genz Shuttle but found it lacking.  Got another HD350 but succumbed to the temptation for TecAmp Puma 350 (Class A/B) but missed the EBS sparkle so got a Reidmar 250.  Ridiculously loud for "only" 250 watts.  But again something missing.  The bass was deep but without wishing to start the Class D argument, it was lacking, so I got my last HD350.  It is up in the loft now because I DI into the PA and use a little AER combo for a stage monitor and "unplugged" gigs.  Wont be selling the EBS though!  But I don't think I will be getting the new 802.

Edited by Ask the bass

• 1 month later...

I've had to keep quiet about this one, but, this: 

For months now I have been chatting with EBS who asked me specifically to do a video to mark the release. And here's my first one ^^^ - Expect a full review from the usually place in the near future. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Merton said:

Love the fact the specifically wanted you @Dood that's awesome :)

I’m actually framing that message. After a very rubbish year, that request made me very happy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dood said:

I've had to keep quiet about this one, but, this: 

For months now I have been chatting with EBS who asked me specifically to do a video to mark the release. And here's my first one ^^^ - Expect a full review from the usually place in the near future. 

I loved the video. It seems that the amp is very much a modern, slightly more flexible hybrid between the HD350 and TD650. I love the idea of the two mid controls, which is actually a feature I would really like on my old Fafner. 

It is a shame that the amp is being released in the middle of a pandemic when people are not exactly going to be flushed with cash. It looks like a truly awesome piece of kit, especially with the matching 4x10.

I'm still

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thodrik said:

I loved the video. It seems that the amp is very much a modern, slightly more flexible hybrid between the HD350 and TD650. I love the idea of the two mid controls, which is actually a feature I would really like on my old Fafner. 

It is a shame that the amp is being released in the middle of a pandemic when people are not exactly going to be flushed with cash. It looks like a truly awesome piece of kit, especially with the matching 4x10.

I'm still

Thank you!! :)

Yes, I also see it as taking all the elements from the HD and TD models (The TD650 having been in my top 5-ish amplifiers for many, many years) and then adding useful extra features. I'm a huge fan of multiple bands of semi- or even full parametric EQ, so the minute I was told about the 802 I was interested in giving it a spin! 

2 hours ago, fretmeister said:

The 802 sounded amazing there.

But I see US prices are about $2500 so it will probably be about the same in pounds, or maybe £2000 ish.

I'd never get away with that.

Thank you :) It's pleasingly capable of way more as I've only scratched the surface with this video. Definitely feels like there's big tone in there to play with. Just waiting for that 410 to break in a bit :) 

11 hours ago, Cornedbeef64 said:

Patricia Rushens Forget me knots was done on a P Bass. Freddie Washington I believe was the Bassist

It was indeed a P

"Patrice Rushen" though. Love her stuff. Washington plays on most tunes on the "Straight from the Heart" album. Really tasteful playing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, funkypenguin said:

I would have pegged you as a Fafner sort of character @Dood, but this amp does sound great! Is there any possibility of seeing how your Shukers sound through this rig?

I guess I ought to see what I can do!! :) Both sound awesome!