Why become a member? ×

Alembic Soiler??????

MB1

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alembic-Soiler-Bass-Guitar-Maple-made-in-USA_W0QQitemZ320335520111QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item320335520111&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]Nice bass though![/url]

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='394442' date='Jan 29 2009, 12:01 PM']I've tried a few Alembic Spoilers and wasn't that keen on them. They'd be ok if you like a dark sound though, for dub or reggae they'd sound huge.[/quote]

MB1. ;)
Apparently Soilers do have a Big Bottom! :P

Derek Smalls bass of preference!

Edited by MB1

[quote name='MB1' post='394478' date='Jan 29 2009, 12:38 PM']MB1. ;)
Apparently Soilers do have a Big Bottom! :P

Derek Smalls bass of preference![/quote]

Thread Hijack Alert:

what is that bass that Saint Derek plays? with the split P type pickup and the 2+2 headstock?

[quote name='bremen' post='394485' date='Jan 29 2009, 12:50 PM']Thread Hijack Alert:

what is that bass that Saint Derek plays? with the split P type pickup and the 2+2 headstock?[/quote]
I thought Derek Smalls played a Sei bass? The only Alembic with a split pick up IIRC was the Persuader which is now discontinued.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='394594' date='Jan 29 2009, 02:35 PM']BC Rich in the first movie, but a Sei in the second wasn't it? (As well Status and Tobias at other points too I think...)[/quote]

MB1. ;)
Yes i think youre right!....Was just thinking an Alembic Soiler would have been the ideal bass for Derek to have played Spinal Taps.... BIG BOTTOM on!
......Sorry!...I'll get me coat! :P