Why become a member? ×

Line 6 POD Go.

dave_bass5

Still think it sounds like an interesting bit of kit, and gives a few more stage friendly options over the HX Stomp (similar price point).

Haven't looked into the HX effects too much recently, so don't know if there's an option on any of the effects to have a wet/dry mix control. If they have the option, then it sounds like it's going to be a good unit.

Still hankering after a Helix LT though! :D 

1 minute ago, Skybone said:

Still think it sounds like an interesting bit of kit, and gives a few more stage friendly options over the HX Stomp (similar price point).

Haven't looked into the HX effects too much recently, so don't know if there's an option on any of the effects to have a wet/dry mix control. If they have the option, then it sounds like it's going to be a good unit.

Still hankering after a Helix LT though! :D 

HXFX has the option for a parallel path, so if you have an effect model with no wet/dry mix parameter, you can move it (and any others you like) to path B, and then you have separate volume controls for path A and path B at the merge block...

On 17/01/2020 at 18:21, Woodinblack said:

Guitarguitar have them listed at £399, so I assume that would be the going price.

edit: andertons have them at £499.. and PMT £549. Better get the order in from GuitarGuitar if anyone wants one!

Now also £399 at Andertons.

That makes the HX Stomp, the HXFX and the Pod Go all around the same price.

I've been hankering after the Stomp for a while, but the Pod might be more suited for me...

• 5 months later...

I am not buying any sort of Helix, oh no, that is literally out of the question. Don't need, can't afford totally happy with my three effects boards, and anyway lost most of my work.

Now that's cleared up, say some other fictitious (not me) person were to be looking, are we any the wiser on the differences between the Line 6 Helix HX Effects and the Line 6 POD GO?

Seeing as they are both the same price but appear different in some ways. If a young bass player were to ask me, what would I tell her (or him)?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I am not buying any sort of Helix, oh no, that is literally out of the question. Don't need, can't afford totally happy with my three effects boards, and anyway lost most of my work.

Now that's cleared up, say some other fictitious (not me) person were to be looking, are we any the wiser on the differences between the Line 6 Helix HX Effects and the Line 6 POD GO?

Seeing as they are both the same price but appear different in some ways. If a young bass player were to ask me, what would I tell her (or him)?

It depends; I'd say that if that young bass player definitely not you cares about going with weird, experimental sounds, the HX FX might be a better choice.

Whereas, if they're looking for a still compact all-in-one solution to replace their (kind of...more common, perhaps?) chains, then the Pod GO would make sense. 

The limitation in order and paths you have on the Pod GO is going to serve you very well (and it also looks like what the actual Helix LT should have looked like, in my opinion :P ), looks better, and has integrated volume/exp pedal.

If you're looking to be more experimental, then the complete freedom and the HX FX's 9 blocks will serve you greatly instead. Perhaps you might find a use for 2 return loops it has. 

The only thing I would be wary of is that I wonder if there's a reason for this not to be an official part of the Helix family - be it hardware or software architecture - it might require very specific updates instead. Whereas I would be kind of more confident in the HX FX to keep up with the whole Helix's family of updates/fx.

All in all, I like both - I would probably get an HXFX + external pedal though. I do like doing weird stuff with my bass sounds though :P

• Thanks 1

I was so determined to get rid of my Stomp and get a Pod Go at the start of lockdown. Ended up getting two keyboards, but if i stick with Bass i still might get a PG. 

I, and a few others,  discussed this in the Helix ‘mega’ thread a few months ago. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I was so determined to get rid of my Stomp and get a Pod Go at the start of lockdown. Ended up getting two keyboards, but if i stick with Bass i still might get a PG. 

I, and a few others,  discussed this in the Helix ‘mega’ thread a few months ago. 

Ah, This is a tributary is it? I shall search for the confluence

3 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Ah, This is a tributary is it? I shall search for the confluence

Ok, i looked those word up lol. 

The thread just shows my way of seeing the two, although deep down i was never convinced i wanted a larger board with an expression pedal. I know I would never use it. 

Its a very personal thing though. My needs are home headphone practice with an amp/cab sim (one is more than enough for me), and live use to have a board with more foot switches like the HFX. No need for amp/cab sims for my use live. The PG just seemed to be ideal, other than the expression pedal making it more bulky than i would like. 

• Like 1

I'm watching all the Helix news with interest. I currently have a Boss GT10B which is bl00dy huge and very heavy in its flight case. I went from separate pedals where I could never get exactly what I wanted and all the issues with noise and cables to the Boss. However, I want something smaller, lighter, and it would be nice if it worked for guitar too. What I'm seeing with the Helix range is that unless you spend mega money then you don't get an XLR out (my pedal is basically my backup if my amp fails or supplied backline isn't up to scratch), you can have effects but no amp sim, or amp sims and limited effects, or no expression pedal. .. There's just not quite an "all in one" that could replace my Boss, which does infinite more things than I'll ever use, but I know its all there in a single package if or when I need it. And weirdly, though I love chorus and a bit of drive and now octave, my most often used effects are EQ / amp sim type effects. I'll keep an eye on the developments with these in case something comes up. 

Edited by uk_lefty

2 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

I'm watching all the Helix news with interest. I currently have a Boss GT10B which is bl00dy huge and very heavy in its flight case. I went from separate pedals where I could never get exactly what I wanted and all the issues with noise and cables to the Boss. However, I want something smaller, lighter, and it would be nice if it worked for guitar too. What I'm seeing with the Helix range is that unless you spend mega money then you don't get an XLR out (my pedal is basically my backup if my amp fails or supplied backline isn't up to scratch), you can have effects but no amp sim, or amp sims and limited effects, or no expression pedal. .. There's just not quite an "all in one" that could replace my Boss, which does infinite more things than I'll ever use, but I know its all there in a single package if or when I need it. And weirdly, though I love chorus and a bit of drive and now octave, my most often used effects are EQ / amp sim type effects. I'll keep an eye on the developments with these in case something comes up. 

Hello! 

Pitching my 2 cents here: I was eyeing the boss 1000 (the new gigantic board one, the Helix Floor/LT competitor let's call it), the Helix LT, the Hotone Ampero and the Pod GO.

Which one did I go with? The Helix Stomp. Reson is the size and weight. It's offensively small, it's got ALL the amps + cab sims + IR + effects of the full Helix unit, limitation being the number of slots in your signal chain available (6 on the Stomp) and the lack of a DIRECT XLR out. What it DOES have though, is BALANCED 1/4 jack out. So it will give the exact same signal for your PA - if you're worried that the sound guy will look at you weird handing him a 1/4 jack, literally just get a 1/4''->XLR cable - again, the signal is exactly the same, just the connector changed.

Oh, it does NOT have an expression pedal BUILT IN, however you can add one (or two) via the exp slot. 

I would say that for bass use, 6 slots are more than enough. I've actually managed to have a parallel signal chain that gives clean bass + distorted octaved guitar heavy sound in one signal chain, and everybody knows how many fx one should use to get a heavy distorted tone if you're a guitarist :P (three thousand!) So you might just want to get creative with it.

All in all, the reason I didn't go with the Pod GO (which I think it's an almost perfect size vs. buttons/pedal layout) is because it's not a full Helix product, meaning that the order of the fx/amps/etc...is mostly pre-defined for you - and from time to time, I do like doing weird things with my sound, and in that case, the full customisability of the HX Stomp gave me all I needed. :)

(EDIT: I keep saying that the Pod GO should have been the Helix LT)

Edited by akabane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1