Why become a member? ×

Line 6 POD Go.

dave_bass5

Head of Helix Eric Klein has said it will be $449.99

And that it will have Helix models "with few caveats"

All will be revealed at 10am Pacific Time.

From what I gather is that it will be Helix based, but that the signal path will be far simpler than the actual Helix. No midi, no XLR etc.

POD-GO_rear_IO.jpg

1 hour ago, acidbass said:

Looks like RRP of £639 in the UK :(

Guitarguitar have them listed at £399, so I assume that would be the going price.

edit: andertons have them at £499.. and PMT £549. Better get the order in from GuitarGuitar if anyone wants one!

Edited by Woodinblack

As someone who currently has no pedals (got back into playing a few months ago, bass and amp costs were priority!), this seems like incredible value for such a variety of sounds, amp emulation, effects etc. Am I missing something or are these Line6/Helix/Kemper units seriously good value propositions these days vs traditional pedals. I get that a bespoke pedalboard setup will likely be better, but on a cost to sound quality ratio, not so much?

3 minutes ago, Skybone said:

I've yet to see the full list of amp & cab models on this one. It will be interesting to see if there are any "dedicated" bass models on the standard model set.

It's all the current helix models with three effects omitted.... Tone Sovereign (King of Tone - although the Heir Apparent/Prince of Tone is still in), Clawthorn Drive (Wounded Paw Battering Ram), and Cosmos Echo (Roland Space Echo)

2 hours ago, invertigo said:

I get that a bespoke pedalboard setup will likely be better, but on a cost to sound quality ratio, not so much?

I would argue that something like the Helix *could* sound much better than even the most boutique of old fashioned pedal boards, given the mountain of EQ options and adjustable parameters for each pedal on the Helix and really useful tools like HPF.  All of that coupled with no signal loss, worries about true bypass etc etc :)

1 hour ago, stoo said:

It's all the current helix models with three effects omitted.... Tone Sovereign (King of Tone - although the Heir Apparent/Prince of Tone is still in), Clawthorn Drive (Wounded Paw Battering Ram), and Cosmos Echo (Roland Space Echo)

Now that sounds interesting.

17 minutes ago, Skybone said:

Now that sounds interesting.

The main downside for bass use compared with the Stomp is that there's no parallel paths... so if you want to use any effects that don't have a wet/dry mix parameter then there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to get any uneffected signal mixed back in.

There's a few other limitations compared to the Helix range, but not much in the way of showstoppers...

https://line6.com/support/topic/53806-pod-go-faq/

10 minutes ago, Skybone said:

Managed to figure that one out on the HD500x. Use a second amp, set one up as clean, one up as dirty and then use the channel volume to blend.

Sounds to me like you might not be able to do that on the Pod Go, one single chain only? I've not confirmed this though.

I was talking about in relation to the HD500X - an older cheaper model that allowed parallel chains of amps/fx. This Pod Go may have the better FX models, from the Helix but the whole draw of the Helix line for me personally is the ability to create signal splits and crossovers. But if their target market is guitarists who mostly don't care about that stuff, I can see why they opted for a simplified interface.