Why become a member? ×

Cheryl Crow And Joe Walsh

Hobbayne

3 hours ago, cetera said:

And, lets face it - if she WAS the principle songwriter then her output since would have been of an equal/better quality... which it isn't/hasn't been (imho)

Except for her second album,  " Unlike its predecessor Tuesday Night Music Club, which was written by a casual collective formed by Crow and several other musicians, Sheryl Crow was entirely produced by Crow, who wrote most of the songs alone or with only one collaborator.......Sheryl Crow was a commercial success, being certified 3× platinum by the RIAA and 3× platinum by the BPI. It also reached No. 6 on the US Billboard Top 200 chart and produced five singles, including the international hit "If It Makes You Happy". The album received very positive reviews from critics, who praised its intricate production and Crow's louder and more assured singing. At the 39th Annual Grammy Awards, the album was awarded Best Rock Album and Crow received the Best Female Rock Vocal Performance award for "If It Makes You Happy". Retrospectively, it is often regarded as Crow's best album."

From Wikipedia.

I think she's great, and I don't really care for the sniping about her personal life either.  As with all of these things, the truth is more complex than the bits that get reported.  As has been said already there are far, far worse people out there who have had a great deal of success on the back of other peoples talent or have a lot of talent and success but are renowned for being extremely unpleasant. She's a talented musician and songwriter who has had a great deal of success in her own right. And she's a pretty good bass player too. Oh, I nearly forgot: IMHO. 

• Like 2

The new Bach, or Mozart, or Beethoven, or Chopin, or...

Come on, she is only a "rock" star, nothing more with all the over developed ego going with it.

And this is valid for any "radio" star being it a man, woman or X as we say no.

And what about the really talented Susan Boyle, same age, but not the same face. Strangely she had to struggle if not fight to get a bit of recognition...

25 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

The new Bach, or Mozart, or Beethoven, or Chopin, or...

Come on, she is only a "rock" star, nothing more with all the over developed ego going with it.

And this is valid for any "radio" star being it a man, woman or X as we say no.

And what about the really talented Susan Boyle, same age, but not the same face. Strangely she had to struggle if not fight to get a bit of recognition...

I've not seen Susan Boyle on the bass, is she any good? 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hellzero said:

You have to huint around a bit for a 2019 figure, but it seems they both have a net worth of around $40M, but SuBo has had greater chart success...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluewine said:

I love this stuff. Joe graduated from Montclair HS in 1965. I graduated in 71. 

Blue

...where he took up welding. Yes and he built a talkbox out of Fender Twin Reverb and when he tried it out he rattled all his fillings out of his teeth. Us Jersey Boys anything for a laugh...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, phil.c60 said:

I think she's great, and I don't really care for the sniping about her personal life either.  As with all of these things, the truth is more complex than the bits that get reported.  As has been said already there are far, far worse people out there who have had a great deal of success on the back of other peoples talent or have a lot of talent and success but are renowned for being extremely unpleasant. She's a talented musician and songwriter who has had a great deal of success in her own right. And she's a pretty good bass player too. Oh, I nearly forgot: IMHO. 

Amen

Got her first 2 CD's and wouldnt part with them.

17 hours ago, Hellzero said:

How many songs has susan written? Incidentally we keep bumping into her in bathgate tesco. Would rather bump into cheryl tho.

3 hours ago, jacko said:

How many songs has susan written? Incidentally we keep bumping into her in bathgate tesco. Would rather bump into cheryl tho.

How many songs have classical singer or player written ?

We can go on forever.

IMHO, SC has no talent, like 99.99% of the radio stars.

But thankfully :

16 minutes ago, jacko said:

Really? You got that from the interview?  To me she came across as someone who had worked hard to get from pretty humble beginnings to where she is today. 

Exactly the point of the post: that phrase was a reference to an earlier comment from someone else - read a couple of pages back and you’ll see that @yorks5stringer was actually rebuffing another poster for using that phrase.

I believe this post is more meant along the lines of “how on earth can you accuse her of being a  ‘gold digging tart’ after reading this article?”.

• Like 4