Why become a member? ×

Cheryl Crow And Joe Walsh

Hobbayne

In fact Neanderthals were more looking like this :

1498491648_HommedeSpy.thumb.jpg.8ee1cff57de796616d45d499a9aef39e.jpg

This is truest reconstruction to date of a Neanderthal, the Man of Spy (Belgium) and they were way more clever than the Homo Sapiens Sapiens who is just a natural born killer... I could talk for ours of the two species, but it's not the point here.

19 hours ago, Paul S said:

You tease... do tell!

*cough* after-game bath *cough* american football team *cough* *musical casting couch* *cough* gold-digger *cough* etc (NB: allegedly)

Where's my cough syrup when I need it?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Hellzero said:

In fact Neanderthals were more looking like this :

1498491648_HommedeSpy.thumb.jpg.8ee1cff57de796616d45d499a9aef39e.jpg

This is truest reconstruction to date of a Neanderthal, the Man of Spy (Belgium) and they were way more clever than the Homo Sapiens Sapiens who is just a natural born killer... I could talk for ours of the two species, but it's not the point here.

That's just Keef richards on a good day.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cetera said:

*cough* after-game bath *cough* american football team *cough* *musical casting couch* *cough* gold-digger *cough* etc (NB: allegedly)

Where's my cough syrup when I need it?

I think it's  a bit sad when a post started in good faith bigging up one of the few women who plays bass, turns into character assassination by insinuation. So she married Lance Armstrong ( a drug cheat). He denied it for years and fooled more informed bodies than a few bassists on a website. I don't even see the why she should be criticised for that, are we therefore saying she took performance enhancing drugs? If so, is there evidence and is it even a criminal offence?

As for the 'cough' stuff above, would we say the same about a male Bass icon? I suggest not....😞

I would have thought it is hard enough being a female musician in the U.S. market anyway given the  predominance of acts like Cardi B et al......

Re the accusation she took all the credit for her first album: I've just dug out my copy where all the members of the TNMC get songwriting credits, as does the producer Bill Bottrell and the sleeve notes talk about  all the band in great depth and their songwriting input. This is from Wiki ( which may or may not be true(!)

'The group existed as a casual songwriting collective prior to its association with Crow, but rapidly developed into a vehicle for her debut album after her arrival (she was at the time dating Kevin Gilbert, who actually co-wrote most of the songs for this album along with Crow, Baerwald, Ricketts, Bottrell, Schwartz and MacLeod). Her relationship with Gilbert became acrimonious soon after the album release and there were disputes about songwriting credits. In interviews later, Crow claimed to have written them. Both Gilbert and Baerwald castigated Crow publicly in the fallout, although Baerwald later softened his position. A similar tension arose with TMC member Bill Bottrell after her second album, on which he collaborated during the early stages.

In February 2008, Bottrell said, "The truth is hard to describe, but it lies between what all the people were shouting. It was all very vague and very complicated. She wrote the majority of the album. The guys and I contributed writing and lyrics, including some personal things. However, the sound was the sound that I developed".[23] However, this was said while promoting their most current work together and contradicts most previous statements by him including those in Richard Buskin's highly detailed book about the situation. Bottrell in earlier times had said Crow was given the second-largest portion of the publishing splits on the album in order to motivate her to work hard, as she still had to pay the very large debt from her unreleasable real first record, publishing being the only way she was likely to earn any money from her new record.'

Just to clarify, not particularly a SC fanboi but disappointed with the way this thread has turned.

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

'The group existed as a casual songwriting collective prior to its association with Crow, but rapidly developed into a vehicle for her debut album after her arrival (she was at the time dating Kevin Gilbert, who actually co-wrote most of the songs for this album along with Crow, Baerwald, Ricketts, Bottrell, Schwartz and MacLeod). Her relationship with Gilbert became acrimonious soon after the album release and there were disputes about songwriting credits. In interviews later, Crow claimed to have written them. Both Gilbert and Baerwald castigated Crow publicly in the fallout, although Baerwald later softened his position. A similar tension arose with TMC member Bill Bottrell after her second album, on which he collaborated during the early stages.

In February 2008, Bottrell said, "The truth is hard to describe, but it lies between what all the people were shouting. It was all very vague and very complicated. She wrote the majority of the album. The guys and I contributed writing and lyrics, including some personal things. However, the sound was the sound that I developed".[23] However, this was said while promoting their most current work together and contradicts most previous statements by him including those in Richard Buskin's highly detailed book about the situation. Bottrell in earlier times had said Crow was given the second-largest portion of the publishing splits on the album in order to motivate her to work hard, as she still had to pay the very large debt from her unreleasable real first record, publishing being the only way she was likely to earn any money from her new record.'

...... and she didn't acknowledge them in her Grammy acceptance speech. Nuff said...

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, cetera said:

...... and she didn't acknowledge them in her Grammy acceptance speech. Nuff said...

I suggest that hardly qualifies her for the innuendo and thinly veiled sneers on this thread. I think there are much worse people out there than her and given the circumstances ' Crow was given the second-largest portion of the publishing splits on the album in order to motivate her to work hard, as she still had to pay the very large debt from her unreleasable real first record, publishing being the only way she was likely to earn any money from her new record.' who would blame her?  I'm guessing the TNMC might not have set the charts on fire without CC up front....?

That's the thing, though.  This is a discussion forum, not an 'only posts that agree with the OP' forum.  And, tbf, if SC wasn't a gold digging tart who blanked the real talent on her push for stardom, the comments wouldn't have been made.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

I'm guessing the TNMC might not have set the charts on fire without CC up front....?

Given the level of talent present in the TNMC and the successes they experienced before and after elsewhere as songwriters, musicians and producers who is to say?

And, lets face it - if she WAS the principle songwriter then her output since would have been of an equal/better quality... which it isn't/hasn't been (imho)

Edited by cetera
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paul S said:

That's the thing, though.  This is a discussion forum, not an 'only posts that agree with the OP' forum.  And, tbf, if SC wasn't a gold digging tart who blanked the real talent on her push for stardom, the comments wouldn't have been made.

Do you have documented evidence of this throughout her lengthy career or is it just an opportunity for you to slag someone off from the comfort of your computer?  I'm guessing 'gold digging tart' is not an expression you'd use for a male musician who's  had a similar rise to fame, maybe  you'd just say 'lucky'.....? 

Happy to have a discussion with anyone but when they use pejorative and misogynistic words, it would appear their mind is already made up.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2