Why become a member? ×

RNRHOF - The Doobies are in!

cetera

I know organisations/places like the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame don't really count for anything - but it's still nice when a band who deserves more plaudits receives such worldwide recognition. Today, one of my all-time fave musical acts - 'The Doobie Brothers' were announced as 2020 inductees!

Can't wait to see my good friend (and bass influence) Tiran Porter finally reunite with his old band for the induction ceremony/performance, along with other alumni including original drummer John Hartman and guitar legend Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, fleabag said:

Likewise -  still got  Toulouse St, What Were Once Vices and Capt. and Me in my CD wallet

Fabulous band

What Were Once Vices... What an album! I can’t hear it without thinking of lazy summer days when I was just a lad. I’m going to have to play it now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mickeyboro said:

Bad news. He turned them to crap, in my view...

Love both of the versions of the Doobies, yes McDonald took them off in another direction, fabulous songs which made them even more successful, I would have doubted the longevity of the band if we didn’t have that McDonald era.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, steantval said:

Love both of the versions of the Doobies, yes McDonald took them off in another direction, fabulous songs which made them even more successful, I would have doubted the longevity of the band if we didn’t have that McDonald era.

I'm with you on this one - I see the Doobies like Genesis or Fleetwood Mac. Completely different bands and would they have lasted as long had they stayed doing what they had been with the original lineups?

On a related issue, Whitney Houston and the Notorious B.I.G. are to rock and roll as what the Pope is to Islam. Yes they had talent but really?

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 1