Why become a member? ×

Yamaha warns not to climb in musical instrument cases

Platypus

46 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Kind of reminds me of those school assembly tellings-off...

"Now we have become aware that some of you [looks around the room, eyes lingering on the kid who was caught doing the awesome bass-case ride down the corridor we've all been talking about] have been thinking about riding in cases from the music department. I would like to make it clear to anyone who is thinking of stealing school property and joy-riding around in it, putting themselves and other students in danger- and to those who would help them- that if caught, you will be spending lunchtimes with me in my office, and will have a letter sent home with you. I hope that after last week's incident you will all have a good, long think about the importance of your studies, and of the safety of those around you.

Do I make myself clear?

Good, now open your books at hymn numer 94, Autumn Days... [cue out of tune upright piano]"

[We all glance at each other, glad someone had the balls to do something so exiting, and relieved we don't have to take the fallout.]

"Oh, and Jenkins? Apparently, your mother died this morning."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Kind of reminds me of those school assembly tellings-off...

"Now we have become aware that some of you [looks around the room, eyes lingering on the kid who was caught doing the awesome bass-case ride down the corridor we've all been talking about] have been thinking about riding in cases from the music department. I would like to make it clear to anyone who is thinking of stealing school property and joy-riding around in it, putting themselves and other students in danger- and to those who would help them- that if caught, you will be spending lunchtimes with me in my office, and will have a letter sent home with you. I hope that after last week's incident you will all have a good, long think about the importance of your studies, and of the safety of those around you.

Do I make myself clear?

Good, now open your books at hymn numer 94, Autumn Days... [cue out of tune upright piano]"

[We all glance at each other, glad someone had the balls to do something so exiting, and relieved we don't have to take the fallout.]

[ cue out of tune upright piano ... with heavily damped strings and occasional yelping noise from first year boy trapped inside.]

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Just before assembly, we used to put drawing pins in the felt of the hammers in our school piano. The music teacher would play 4 bars at the start of the hymn sounding like she was in a honky tonk bar.

• Haha 4