Why become a member? ×

Ibanez BTB676 Ibanez BTB 676 - £250 SOLD
£200
Maidstone, Kent

matthewkeyss

Hi everyone

I am selling an Ibanez BTB676 which is admittedly in pretty shoddy condition (previous owner, as well!). First things first, several things to note: 

1) The input no longer works and likely needs resoldering or replacing. The active preamp still works fine. 

2) The battery cover on the back had to be snapped off in an emergency at a gig. Internal screw cases need replacing, as well as the battery cover. 

3) The bass has various dings and scratch patches. It's not in terrible cosmetic condition though for a bass with the amount of use it has had (see pics). 

4) It DOES have some oldish rotosound strings on. I just took them off for picturing of the fretboard. Strings aren't super new but not super dead either. 

Overall, it still looks good, has a great playing feel to it, and I think it could make a nice bass for someone after fixing it up. 

These upgrades are pretty cheap if you do them yourself, but unfortunately I do not have time to get it done or the money pay someone to do it before I leave the UK on the 14th February, hence the low price. 

Collection from Maidstone, Kent. Will be in possession of my brother (also in Maidstone) after 14th February. 

PM for enquiries. Can also call +44 seven 429 58812 six.

Thanks,

Matt 

EDIT: Sorry, have increased price to £250 from £200. Amidst uploading several things I had forgot how much I had planned to sell it for. 

IMG_2112.JPG

IMG_2113.JPG

IMG_2114.JPG

IMG_2115.JPG

IMG_2116.JPG

IMG_2117.JPG

IMG_2118.JPG

IMG_2119.JPG

IMG_2120.JPG

IMG_2121.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2123.JPG

IMG_2124.JPG

IMG_2125.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2128.JPG

IMG_2129.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

IMG_2131.JPG

IMG_2132.JPG

IMG_2133.JPG

IMG_2134.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

Edited by matthewkeyss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FDC484950 said:

If the input no longer works (which I take to mean the bass makes no sound), how do you know whether the preamp is working or not? 

Basically the input died over a long period of time, and it was sensitive to the positioning of the cable going into it. I am pretty sure the preamp works fine. Last time I tried (several years ago - I have been out of the country), I could still get a sound out of the bass if the cable was properly positioned. I will double check that this is still the case. 

EDIT: FDC rightly pointed out in a PM that it might be the battery connectors rather than the input. I can get a constant sound out of the bass with careful positioning of the batteries. 

Anyone interested in seeing a video demonstration of this just shoot me a message on WhatsApp. 

TLDR: Preamp works fine. 

Edited by matthewkeyss
  • Like 1

I'm sorry newfoundfreedom! Shipping outside of the UK is a bit too far outside of my comfort zone for now. ☹️ 

My current shipping experience amounts to getting a markbass combo back from Barcelona as hold luggage in a not so suitable cardboard box. Luckily, and against the odds, it survived. So many fragile stickers it probably offended the baggage handlers. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, matthewkeyss said:

I'm sorry newfoundfreedom! Shipping outside of the UK is a bit too far outside of my comfort zone for now. ☹️ 

My current shipping experience amounts to getting a markbass combo back from Barcelona as hold luggage in a not so suitable cardboard box. Luckily, and against the odds, it survived. So many fragile stickers it probably offended the baggage handlers. 

No worries mate. I always ship to my own courier in the UK anyway, then they forward ship to me here in Bulgaria. I've been doing it that way for years and never had a problem. Even with expensive items like computers and guitars. It makes it a lot easier, especially when buying from eBay etc. 

• MB1 locked this topic