Why become a member? ×

Chase Bliss Automatone preamp

Quatschmacher

At $750 I should hope so, on both counts. It's a lot of money for features that could be implemented cheaper and more robustly and not look like a  left over part from a 1970's hifi. It's form over function for me, but if you must have moving faders on your pedal who am I to stop you!

First time somebody stomps on one in the wrong place or at a slightly jaunty angle the motorised faders are gonna take a dump though.  Don't let anyone near it with liquids. These sorts of parts are NOT designed to be abused in the way a pedal gets abused in the real world. 

32 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

At $750 I should hope so, on both counts. It's a lot of money for features that could be implemented cheaper and more robustly and not look like a  left over part from a 1970's hifi. It's form over function for me, but if you must have moving faders on your pedal who am I to stop you!

First time somebody stomps on one in the wrong place or at a slightly jaunty angle the motorised faders are gonna take a dump though.  Don't let anyone near it with liquids. These sorts of parts are NOT designed to be abused in the way a pedal gets abused in the real world. 

It is a lot of coin but as I said, Joel spent ages trying to break it to make sure it would stand up to abuse and, as I understand, gigs with all his own pedals. What other pedals with faders would survive liquids? 

Great idea, althrough of course very expensive to implement! The reason I don't like presets on many pedals is that I can't see the current knob positions if I need to make an adjustment. On-screen dials like the Zoom B3n or rotary LEDs like on the TC RH750 are a more cost effective solution, but admittedly not as cool!

6 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Great idea, althrough of course very expensive to implement! The reason I don't like presets on many pedals is that I can't see the current knob positions if I need to make an adjustment. On-screen dials like the Zoom B3n or rotary LEDs like on the TC RH750 are a more cost effective solution, but admittedly not as cool!

Yep, it’s a great idea that means you can have presets but have actual visual feedback of the real parameter settings. He intends to use this format for other future pedals (I met him at Superbooth last year and we talked about MIDI, presets and the frustration of the lack of visual feedback). I’d really like to see this do well. 

1 hour ago, krispn said:

If only Chase Bliss has more fan bois to jump in and defend the price 🤣🤣

I guess a lot of R&D has gone into this. It’s way beyond what I want to spend on a pedal.

They have also got another one in this format as they’ve done a collaboration with Meris too.

Edited by Quatschmacher