Why become a member? ×

*** SOLD: USA built Ampeg V4BH valve head & matching 210 + 115 cabs.
£750
Littlehampton, West Sussex

silverfoxnik

** Now SOLD **

Hi Folks

Very reluctantly, I am putting my Ampeg Classic Series all valve bass rig up for sale, which consists of:

V4BH - 100 watt all valve bass amp. 
Bought off @Beedster in 2015, this bass amp is simply the best sounding bass amp I've ever owned. 

The good stuff about it - 
It sounds superb whatever music I've played through it, from old-skool Motown thump to 70s rock & 80s funk, right through that there indie 90s clank to Foo Fighters style stadium rock. 

It works in pretty much any musical situation, is so, so simple to use, isn't too heavy as valve amps go IMO (40lbs), and of course, it totally looks the part. 

At my weekend-warrior level of gigging (pubs, small clubs, functions etc), this amp pumps out 100 watts and easily fills a room with rich, warm low end bass tone!

The not so good stuff -
a) When I bought it from Chris, the Gain control shaft had already been broken off, something I should have had fixed straight away but I didn't because I was too busy using it at the time...  As you can see in the pictures below , my very crude fix has allowed me to continue utilising the Gain control, which enables some very nice preamp stage valve distortion when dialled in.. Obviously it would be better if the gain control was fixed, but as it is, the amp is perfectly useable. 

b) The amp hasn't had a service since I bought it. At the moment, that's not a problem as I've not used it too much over the last four years, but it would undoubtedly benefit from a proper once-over by a qualified tech. 

Having said all of that, the amp is working really well and it comes with the fitted cover with proper Ampeg logo!

To buy the equivalent Ampeg head now, including the cover, you'd be looking at around £900 new. But because of these two issues stated above, I have priced the amp accordingly, so I'm looking for £SOLD or near offer. 

(NB: I've attached the manuals for the amp and the two cabs which have all the requisite technical information...)

Ampeg Classic Series SVT-15e bass cab (8 ohms) 
This came with the amp when I bought it in 2015 from Chris. It's in good condition and has the really nice Ampeg cover to go with it.. 

Not only does the cab match the amp perfectly (see photos) but sound wise, the cab is great paired with the V4BH - I've tried it with P basses, Jazz Basses, Thunderbirds, 5 string basses etc.. You name it, it sounds great in an old skool kind of way. .

Around £425-£500 new. I'm looking for £SOLD or near offer for the cab & cover. 

Ampeg Classic series SVT-210HE bass cab (8 ohms) 
This is a great 210 cab and on its own, 
works nicely enough with the head. Like the 115, it sounds really good with every bass I've tried it with. Everything's working as it should, including the Tweeter, but no cover with this one I'm afraid. 

It's difficult to find a comparative price for this online now - nearest would be the neo version at well over £600 - but I'm looking for £SOLD or near offer for this cab. 

Full Rig - It has to be said that, when you put the 210 together with the 115, the whole rig just goes to another level! 😁

That's when you get the full 100 (valve) watts of power, with the thump and low mids coming from the 115, and the definition and faster attack of the 10" drivers which are better for reproducing more percussive styles of playing... It just makes a fantastic noise!! 

Price - Ideally, I'd like to sell this as one complete rig, and for that I'm looking for £SOLD or very near offer.  

But if that isn't possible then I'll entertain offers for the individual items, which all together come to over £800.

Collection /meet ups - The rig is too heavy and too big to post so it's collection only from Littlehampton, West Sussex I'm afraid, but at least then you get a chance to try it out in person whilst being showered with tea/coffee /biscuits.. 😊

If absolutely necessary, I would be prepared to drive up to 50 miles (for a few extra sheckles) to meet up if getting to Littlehampton isn't possible for you.. 

Just to clarify;

1. the Xotic bass in the pictures isn't up for sale, it's there just to provide a sense of size and scale.

2. As stated above, this is a very reluctant sale so I reserve the right to change my mind. 

3. Also advertised elsewhere. 

Any questions, please ask away here or by PM. And I have loads more pictures too if required.. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2Thanks for looking as ever.. 😊

Cheers 

Nik 

IMG_20200112_130739.jpg

IMG_20200112_132730.jpg

IMG_20200112_130056.jpg

IMG_20200112_125325.jpg

IMG_20200112_130141.jpg

IMG_20200112_130517.jpg

IMG_20200112_125357.jpg

IMG_20200112_125823.jpg

IMG_20200112_125501.jpg

IMG_20200112_125839.jpg

IMG_20200112_130543.jpg

IMG_20200112_132220.jpg

IMG_20200112_130605.jpg

IMG_20200112_130613.jpg

Screenshot_20200113_191026_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Screenshot_20200113_193013_com.android.chrome.jpg

V4BH (1).pdf SVT210HE_SVT15E (2).pdf

Edited by silverfoxnik
Now SOLD
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Worth pointing out that this is USA built. The £900 for the equivalent head Nik mentions above would get you a Far East produced amp. In my experience, the older USA gear is better. 

Thanks Chris - I hadn't even thought of that! 😊

Friday morning BUMP! 😊

Had a few enquiries via PM so far, but no takers as yet.. 

But just to clarify on one specific point, although I'd prefer to sell the rig all together, I am prepared to sell the amp and cabs separately. 

Cheers 

Nik 

• MB1 locked this topic