Why become a member? ×

**Withdrawn** (Open to close offers) Aries Bajadera 6 String Bass. 39 (Yes, 39!!!) Laminate Thru-Neck. Noll 3 Band Pre-Amp and Extremely Rare Lefay Rough Crystal Pickups. £1600
£1600
Basildon, Essex.

binky_bass

Hi all, 

I am not at all sure I want to sell this as it is a completely insane bass on every level from the craftsmanship to the pickups and pre-amp, however, as is always the way, there is a bass I want and if I'm to afford it, one of my heard must go! 

The 'Bajadera' bass as it is called has a 39 laminate body with through neck construction, it has a multi-laminate binding and comes with exceptionally rare and quite outstanding Lefay Rough Crystal pickups, it has a brand new Noll 3 band pre-amp and has had a full re-finish by Mike Walsh of Zoot Basses roughly 2 years ago.

The action is superb, the tone is anything from rich deep to singing high. 

It's one of the most stunning basses I have ever seen/owned. 

I'm based is Basildon, Essex. Collection is preferred but postage can be arranged if absolutely required.

Any questions, please ask.

(Will post some better photos tomorrow!)

Russ.

20170830_202906.thumb.jpg.07ef49a1485780d99a67db03a5367287.jpg

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 9

By the way Russ, the pickups are from LeFay, not all these strange words you wrote.

The herd is certainly the right word too...

It's called Bajadera because it looks like the Croatian muliple layers cake called ... Bajadera. 😉

kras-bombonijera-bajadera-900-g.jpg.a93c8d810b3b3e8723c775f59c6c7b57.jpg

• Thanks 1

May I add that the frets have been dressed just before Russ got it. Work done by the great luthier Christophe LEDUC. So unless Russ has been slapping and popping like a mad flea, they still must be in pristine condition.

I really couldn't tell you! I do suspect that they are not the original pickups though as the route is slightly larger than these Rough Crystal pickups. Maybe this was done after construction? 

I have no sound clips to hand, but I will record something later tonight (only using a phone though!)

Marc,

They are the original pickups and this bass is a very early model made by the Sabic brothers (Aries owners). I bought myself some LeFay pickups back in the late 90's directly by LeFay.

By the way, Russ, the weight is 4.8 kilos. 😉

• Thanks 1