Why become a member? ×

TGI Gig Bags

ClassicVibes

I have one of the older ones.  I bought it about 10 years ago and used it for several years gigging.  It's now used just to store a bass.

The quality was okay at the price.  (I think it was £30 - £35 at the time.)  It did the job although the zip for the pocket broke early in its life.  The padding was on the thinner side.

I've since bought a Protection Racket gig bag which is better but more expensive.

For the last 5 years or so I've used a Mono which is the very best in my experience although, at the price, it bloody well should be.

Frank.

I had a couple of the old style £40 Extreme ones and i though they were good for the money. I used to wear through the bottom where the strap button was on them but the new ones look like they have more padding there now - i think that new grey version will be pretty good. Once you're up around the £100 mark i would go for a Gator ProGo though...

I have 3 of the Extreme ones - 2 of the older in black and 1 of the new grey.

They are both still in pristine condition and are used to store and take my basses to gigs. I think as long as you are careful, don't throw the bass into it and don't force the zips then they should last at least 15-20 years.

My oldest one is 10 years old.

9 hours ago, Delberthot said:

I have 3 of the Extreme ones - 2 of the older in black and 1 of the new grey.

They are both still in pristine condition and are used to store and take my basses to gigs. I think as long as you are careful, don't throw the bass into it and don't force the zips then they should last at least 15-20 years.

My oldest one is 10 years old.

Just received mine and am very happy with it. Basic but functional and offers a good amount of padding. 👍🏻

I have an older TGI bass gig bag which I’ve used constantly for about 5 years and is just starting to show signs of wear.

I recently bought the Extreme bag for my acoustic guitar (not bass). As well as being well padded it has a massive front pocket that will easily swallow up an A4 ring binder or a preamp pedal.

I like them, too, and for the money they are the best value I have bought.  They offer a decent amount of protection and after several years of light use show no signs of wear.  One of them has a handle that had the padded bit sewn into the wrong place but that doesn't bother me.  I only use gig bags to transport in my car to and from rehearsals or as a dust cover indoors so am reluctant to spend big dollar on anything fancy. 

• 2 weeks later...