Why become a member? ×

Lakland 55-01 scratch plate?

Steff

Hi guys, 

Has anyone got a template or an existing scratch plate for a Lakland 55-01 that I could get a paper copy of? Love mine but being natural finish, I find its looks a bit boring and was wondering if I could find a plate/template and buy/have it custom cut...? Apologies if its the wrong place to post but I thought here would be ok since it isn't a straightforward "want to buy" ad.

Thanks 

On 13/01/2020 at 11:29, Steff said:

Hi guys, 

Has anyone got a template or an existing scratch plate for a Lakland 55-01 that I could get a paper copy of? Love mine but being natural finish, I find its looks a bit boring and was wondering if I could find a plate/template and buy/have it custom cut...? Apologies if its the wrong place to post but I thought here would be ok since it isn't a straightforward "want to buy" ad.

Thanks 

I investigated this before, ended up not pulling the trigger on it. I had trouble getting a template, and without one Lakland themselves seemed to be the most promising option - they quoted me $50 USD+ shipping.

Some custom pickguard places could have done it too, though seemed to favour laser-cutting, which would have given a straight edge, rather than the smooth, angled edge that makes a 3-ply guard look pretty!

All a few years ago now, I'll keep following this in case anyone has more up to date information.

George

Edited by geoham

I had one custom made for my Yamaha project bass by Bass doc and it worked out great but I had to create the template myself, there was a lot of drawing and paper in the bin involved :)... but in all fairness it worked out amazing at the end. I just wanted to see if I could spare myself from going through the same process again. 

730252C4-1B6F-40F1-AB92-0A9CDF92716B.jpeg